cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer fibre

Lozdon19

New customer fibre

Hi so today I have had the engineer out to sort out my broadband and get it connected however as soon as he’s gone I’ve tried to connect, I enter password and then it won’t let me connect, just coming up with a Screen of settings and customisation of my account. How to change passwords and set up admin and so on. I try to click off of this and all it says is “continue with another network” or “continue without internet”

I’m so confused and really desperate to get internet sorted as I’ve say in all day and waited more than 2 hours whilst engineer was here.
1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: New customer fibre

Hi @ Lozdon19,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query and apologise for any confusion there.

When you connect the router the very first time username and password required to connect it to Plusnet are the same ones you registered when you applied for the account, and use to access the Member Centre. The engineer may have done this for you if he connected the router, however just to be sure you will need to visit the address 192.168.1.254 via a browser to access the router. Your username and password will be required on the Settings page. There's some information available here.

The login information included on the router itself are for the Wi-Fi (for use when connecting your devices) and the router admin. They will not log you into to Plusnet. Once you have a connection and the router is showing a solid blue light without interruption, you can connect to the Wi-Fi from your different devices. The Admin should only be used if you are configuring the router settings.

I've checked your order which was awaiting updating however this has now completed. The broadband signal should come through by midnight at the latest.

Please note that your signal may take up to 10 days to reach an optimum speed as the first few days involves a lot of stress testing of the line, this is not unusual. Here's a handy troubleshooting guide for your Wi-Fi, in case of any issues.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks - LF