Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer fibre connection terrible upload speed

FIXED
dsgallagher7
Dabbler

New customer fibre connection terrible upload speed

Hi, I have recently moved to Plusnet from another fibre provider, I've never had any issues with the line or anything but since moving to Plusnet my speed tests about 7mb download and less than 1mbs upload. To the point where web pages won't load. When I first joined I noticed I couldn't get above 2mbs download but through this forum I found the username was setup@ I have since changed that and my speed is better but still having issues. As described. Does anyone have any advice with this?
19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: New customer fibre connection terrible upload speed

@dsgallagher7 Welcome to the forum.

Screen shot results from these sites:https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL (ensure your phone number is obscured) and BTW Performance Tester  (please report advanced diagnostics) would be a start, plus sight of the Troubleshooter tab from your router (delete personally identifiable data) would be a start if members of the Community are to be able to help.

John
dsgallagher7
Dabbler

Thank you so much for the prompt reply..

The advanced diagnostic doesn't seem to be working. Says to try again later.

But I hope I've managed to attach the other screenshots..

dsgallagher7
Dabbler

jab1
Legend

Thanks for that detail. The detail we need from your router is under the 'troubleshooting' tab in this picture:-

Hub1.PNG

although I will take a closer look at your original shot - a quick glance suggests it might be a good idea.

Try running the unsuccessful BT bit tomorrow - it gives us more to work on.

Are you on the 40/10 or 80/20 package?

John
dsgallagher7
Dabbler

Thank you, I'll be sure to try the test again tomorrow.  Sorry about the wrong screen shot, please see attached.

( I reset the router before posting earlier incase it was something simple like a reset needed)

jab1
Legend

Oooops, nearly correct 😉 What you need to do is open that 'Troubleshooting' tab at the top of the picture and post the results.

Also, please confirm whether you are on 'Unlimited Fibre' or 'Unlimited Fibre Extra'.

Those figures in isolation suggest you are on ADSL. 😉

John
dsgallagher7
Dabbler

Sorry... That tab doesn't give too much info.. hopefully correct though?

It's unlimited fibre extra...

Extra slow at the moment 😅

jab1
Legend

My mistake this time - I have never used the Hub1, and forget it is the 'Help Desk' Tab the gives the info - my apologies.Embarrassed

John
dsgallagher7
Dabbler

Oh yes that seems to have more information.

Once again thank you for helping.

jab1
Legend

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. From the BT Wholesale screenshot, it appears you are quite a distance from your Fibre cab, but should still be getting a min minimum 35Mbps speed, although the reported Line Attenuation suggests you should be able to get above the figures quoted on that shot.

It is now too late for a Plusnet staff response, and I don't know who will be on tomorrow, but this needs looking at by an experienced PN staffer - there is something horribly wrong here, but I don't think there is much more anyone other than PN staff,with access to much more information, can do. Sorry.

John
dsgallagher7
Dabbler

Thank you, hopefully have some luck tomorrow. I'll try and get the results of the advanced test posted here too.

What's the best way to get help from staff, would it be to wait for a reply here?

jab1
Legend

Yes, wait for a staff response on here - if we can keep all the data in one place, it helps.

I'll try and keep my eyes on this as well, but I might be missing if it drags on too far without staff intervention as I'm away on holiday from Wednesday, but there are other Community members who may jump in.

John
dsgallagher7
Dabbler

Just an update.. still unable to do additional diagnostics with the following message...

Summary Advanced Test

The system is currently busy. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider

jab1
Legend

Ah, OK . Give me a couple of minutes, and I'll try.

EDIT: Yep - it's down for everyone. Looks like a long weekend of maintenance.

John