cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - connection not working

Teklid

New customer - connection not working

New customer to Plusnet and unfortunately my connection hasn’t worked since the switchover day (Monday). All we’re seeing is an amber light and flashing red B. Spoke to customer services yesterday who have got us waiting for remote checks, but reading this forum since it seems the problem may be the connection to the openreach box and can only be fixed with an engineer? Would it be possible to get someone to come out sooner than the 72 hrs + 48 hrs we’re currently expecting? Concerned that next week will have to take time off work to wait some someone to come round, not ideal! Question number 216573691. Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: New customer - connection not working

Hi @Teklid

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry that we've encountered issues with the line so early on. I've looked through the fault on the account and can see that Openreach have identified an external issue with the network, and the fault has today progressed towards the "implementing solution" stage. We've been advised to review it again in 2 working days, allowing them the time to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, there's no way we can expedite this process.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Teklid

Thanks for your feedback Adam. Hopefully it’s a two day fix and not a five day fix!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fingers crossed!

We'll update as soon as we know more, but feel free to post back with how it goes over the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet