cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer connection issues/ setup email in settings

jtran

New customer connection issues/ setup email in settings

Hi
I'm a new customer that got activated today. I plugged the router in, the light went blue for about 20 seconds but then orange with flashing BB symbol.

I check the router settings and the 'setup@plusdsl.net' email is in place. I enter my Plusnet details into the advanced settings and still nothing. I have also changed my password in case that was incorrect.

It's worth noting that I have just moved into this property so I am unsure of the line quality before and there is a master socket 5C in place.

The problem is similar to the user in this thread:https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/new-customer-no-internet-at-all-flashing-red-light-set...

Appreciate any help. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: New customer connection issues/ setup email in settings

@jtran welcome to the forums. Try entering your credentials with the DSL cable unplugged.

John
Sora_c

I've had exactly the same problem - I got the email saying the line has been activated - router turns blue for about 1 minute then turns orange with a flashing red light seconds later. Not helpful in covidbtimes when most of us are relying on broadband to wfh
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Sora_c Then follow my advice above - not saying it will work, but you've not lost anything by trying.

John