cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer cannot get FTTC from PN, but already has it.

FillDee
Grafter

New customer cannot get FTTC from PN, but already has it.

Guys,
Anyone technical enough to explain how my parents cannot get Fibre from PlusNet, but they have had it installed from {spit, spit} TalkTalk for about 4 years?
BT openreach says "ES" (exploring solutions) to bring new FTTC services, but, as said they already have it. PN Sales just quote "not available" from the screens, but can't tell me why the line cannot be ported from TT. BT own cable to cab. BT own Fibre links from cab to Exchange. At that point, their line goes to TT. Why can't it be ported to PN at that point?
Just trying to understand the actual reason, other than "computer says no"
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New customer cannot get FTTC from PN, but already has it.

A start point is here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput then try address checker  for your parents address and a couple of neighbours
I can think of a few possibilities such as
Cab is full which would screw up the system as it isn't really geared to transfers
Phone number/address is screwed up
FillDee
Grafter

Thanks.
That shows up as "no data - potentially not a BT line", so potentially is a TT LLU. Maybe that is part of the problem here? Not sure of neighbours tel nos, so will need to check later.
I suspect you are correct with the full cab and the checkers / systems being for new connections.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi FillDee,
Was it just an attempt to sign up online? Or was this advised by Plusnet staff?
Are you ok to PM me their address/telephone number? I'll do some investigation.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
FillDee
Grafter

This was advised on the phone. I rang myself this morning, as the staff member was questioning my parents whether that actually had fibre or not.
No problem on the PM. I'll do it now.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Cheers for the details
Right, I've been able to get past the early stages of provisioning when placing an order on BT Wholesale, so I'm pretty sure that we can proceed.
Are you able to sign up online at all? If so, I'll oversee their provision until they're up and running.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
FillDee
Grafter

Well, no, we can't.
As soon as the details are put in, the "Our checks show fibre isn't available in your area" shows up and offers a 1Mbps line. Now, however bad TT is, dropping from approx. 32Mbps to 1Mbps is not going to happen.
So they are stuck at that point, as there is no way the risk of losing the fibre and not being able to get it back is worth it.
FillDee
Grafter

I guess no one has any idea about this? Just looking for reasons the existing line can't be ported.
So, MattyC, since you stopped talking, I guess there's nothing you can do? Front end says no, so it can't be done...