Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer but those hubs?

FIXED
Beachy1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

New customer but those hubs?

Hi I'm a new customer and only been connected 3 days.

I have to say the connection went smooth. Openreach attended on time and had my line syncing at 40meg in no time. I'm 300 meters from the cab so I expected those good speeds on a 40/20 package.

However as the openreach engineer was checking the speeds the hub died right in front of his eyes! He couldn't believe it.

Anyway I phoned plusnet and a new hub was ordered with no quibbles. Which is really good customer service. In the meantime I set up a tp link archer router. Easy to set up but the archer routers have really slow sync speeds and are renound for problems with PPP connections. So wasn't really any good.

Anyway new hub arrived today. I set it up and the link speeds were great. Getting 38mg over wifi.
10 minutes later the hub froze. I mean there is a green light on it indicating power. But it is not broadcasting wifi. I turned power on and off. Unplugged it. Still a green solid light but no wifi then as a last resort stuck a pin in the hole. It is definitely frozen. Green light on but nothing broadcasting. It does not even flash the normal starting up lights when I turned it off and on again. It is completely frozen.
I cannot test it via Ethernet cable right now as I have no laptop. I cannot get into the hub manager as it's not broadcasting wifi. Phones tablet and roku device do not find its wifi signal.
This is the second hub in 3 days . Are they really that faulty? It worked great for about an hour.

Any ideas what I should do?
12 REPLIES 12
Malcky
Grafter

Re: New customer but those hubs?

I have never been a fan of ANY isp provided routers, so have always used my own equipment wherever possible.

If your TP link router works...albeit slowly then use that as a temp measure while looking into other equipment. All depends on if you object to forking out for better stuff or not.

I personally use the openreach modem and my own Apple router and this combo has worked perfectly for me for years.

Beachy1
Dabbler

Yeah I guess I could set up the old openreach modem

However it would be nice if the all in one worked as expected. Can I report it as broken online.
By the way it's been disconnected from the power a few hours now and when I plug it in again. No flashing clouted lights just green solid and still no wifi broadcasting.

Anyway to report it please
Malcky
Grafter

Possibly a daft question.....does the all one hub have a button that enables/disables wifi?

and if so, could you have pressed it by mistake without knowing?

Beachy1
Dabbler

No button turning wireless on or off
I know what you mean tho some routers have this button but not on this hub
It's stuck on a green light. No warm up orange light, no flashing "b" light No matter what I do it's fubar.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @Beachy1

I am really sorry to hear of the bad luck you're having with your router. If you private message me with your username I will be happy to provide you with another replacement.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"Anyway I phoned plusnet and a new hub was ordered with no quibbles"

First post. Wink

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

My understanding is that the replacement we sent also appears to be faulty?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Beachy1
Dabbler

Yes
I had the first hub just lose power in front of the openreach guys eyes.
The second hub worked for about an hour and now seems frozen with a green light on
Beachy1
Dabbler

I'm trying to figure out how to PM you
I new to the forum
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Fix

Click on the Forum name link (next to the Avatar);  Right hand side "Send PM"

HTH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Beachy1
Dabbler

Thanks for that
I was clicking the name but not scrolling to the bottom of the screen. Hard work doing everything on an iPhone. Lol
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your private message @Beachy1

I've now ordered you a replacement Hub One which you should receive next week. Fingers crossed you have better luck with this. I've also sent you a returns bag for the broken router which you'll receive separately.