Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer but service not good so far

public
Dabbler

New customer but service not good so far

Hello
I'm a new customer today but I still don't have broadband I've been told by customer support it could happen up to midnight. Iwaiting at least an hour on live chat to get that answer. Now i get a strange email saying phone is ready but broadband is not active. The email also talks about getting a discount on my 2nd months bill due to no broadband. To make matters worse the so called 24/7 support is down. There great customer service they advertise is very lacking.
Who reckons that midnight will chime AND STILL NO BROADBAND.
Any suggestions or am I doomed to dealing with another crap Utility company.
13 REPLIES 13
public
Dabbler

Re: New customer but service not good so far

Its midnight
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. Sorry that you're still not online. It's possible that either our billing system hasn't automatically activated your account, or there could be a delay on our supplier's end. I'd recommend contacting us by webchat tomorrow morning so that an agent can investigate further.
For reference, we've changed our hours of support. We're now open 7:30am to 10pm everyday. This had been done to bring more staff into the core hours of the day, to help deal with the call queues.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Anoush , This had been done to bring more staff into the core hours of the day, to help deal with the call queues.

It has been promised for several months now !!  and still no change going by what is posted here  Lips_are_sealed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
public
Dabbler

Well its Day 2 and I've had a text saying Broadband is working, hooray, but its not I have the flashing orange light on my router. I've tried to go onto the online chat support and that is still down and when I ring the support telephone line it says I have to wait at least 30 mins. To make matters worse the phone line which is now under Plus net is constantly crackling.
So its another failure all round Plus Net.
Mr Moderator sort it out.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Sorry to hear that your broadband is still not working. It's likely the noise on your line is causing the router not to sync. I'd recommend running a quick line test by clicking on the following link:
https://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/
(You'll need to be logged in to the Member Centre before you click on the link)
If there's no fault found, you would need to contact us by phone to arrange a line engineer to visit. It's usually quicker to get through to an adviser between 2 and 4 in the afternoon.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've checked your account and I can see that your order did complete yesterday evening and the account did activate early this morning.
Unfortunately when testing your connection, it appears that you may have a fault. I'd recommend going through the checks at http://faults.plus.net and raising this with our faults team via the troubleshooter so we can get this issue resolved for you.
Just FYI, our forum moderators are other customers just like yourself.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
public
Dabbler

Thanks Moderators for your reply.
FYI your still putting the ownership on the customer to sort this out, I was hoping you would take this off my hands.
As moderators you seem to have more access to the systems so surely you can contact the correct team to move this forward, rather than hit the ball back to my side of the court.
From my many previous experiences dealing with phone companies there's a strong possibility that BT/Openreach have there part to play in this.
Leave it with me as I've got nothing else to do.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The moderators have no access to Plusnet systems. They are customers just like yourself.
We ask you to report the fault as it provides the tests that are required in a step by step format to ensure that nothing in your premises is causing the issue, once that's reported to us we can get this picked up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
public
Dabbler

I'm a previous BT customer with no issues on my premises with connection, but thanks for the post.
public
Dabbler

Day 3 - From my end the phone line seems OK it was actually plus net support line that was playing up as all other numbers incoming and outgoing are fine. However, the broadband is not working we have flashing orange lights now for 3 days. I have tried the test cocket, ethernet, password and usernames you name it but no joy. They said they will order an engineer but I cant access there ticket system as its down. I don't think they actually activated my account but I'm on hold again.
We had no issues with any of this from BT as all systems worked fine.
I think its time to leave plus net as they will to live has ebbed away, thanks for the last 3 days Plus net its been great.
public
Dabbler

Apologies for some of the spelling I'm tired goodbye
public
Dabbler

I got through to the cancellation team straight away, funny that. The person was very nice but again you would think they would take control and sort all this out but they have to ask me to contact the troubleshooting line (its a gift that keeps on giving). Anyway, that was the final straw I have officially left Plus Net.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I though It's been explained to that the troubleshooting line is the entry point for the automated system which sends a report to the technicians to base their fault finding on. I'm sorry that you couldn't get PN to do it your way rather than theirs. Have you  tried http://aaisp.net they probably would satisfy you (at a price)  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra