cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and no internet.

Bekzness

New customer and no internet.

Hi guys.

My internet was activated some time ago (10th of December) but we have only just had an engineer visit the house yesterday (21st December) to install a phone line. The chap got everything set up so we had internet working yesterday evening. 

This morning we have tried to connect and the router has an orange power light and a red flashing broadband light.

I've spent my morning trouble shooting and trying to get it to work using the guides, done ever reset and checked physical connections etc.

I've had to re-set up my virgin connection just to be able to post this... no online chat available and unable to get through on the phone. 

Please could someone take a look and check that the connection is ok at your end or let me know if their might be a problem with the router?

I was really looking forward to moving to Plusnet after hearing good things from friends but this is very frustrating and I'm not sure wether to just revert my Virgin cancellation. I work from home so desperately need a reliable internet connection.

Please help!!

Many thanks

Becki

6 REPLIES 6
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: New customer and no internet.

Not sure you're going to get a quick answer this time of year, but in the mean time try the steps here...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the light is solid orange then it's likely to be an authentication issue.

Things you can try to fix this type of issue is a factory reset of the router, and then complete a router setup at http://192.168.1.254. Connect using yourusername@plusdsl.net and your account password.

If that doesn't work, have a look at post 3 on this thread..

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/New-Customer-FIbre-Activated-Orange-light-on-router/td...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Bekzness, I've had a look over the account and I'm afraid testing is flagging up a fault that will require a further engineer visit.

I've responded to the fault report ticket on the account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185342521

If you could let us know back here once you've responded to the ticket with your availability for an engineer, we'll be able to get that picked back up and booked in for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing. Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Bekzness

Hi Harry.

Thanks for the update. I’ve popped some dates on the ticket for you.

Thanks again
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for that @Bekzness, it looks like a colleague has re-tested the connection today while trying to book the appointment and an external fault is now being flagged up.

They've raised this with our suppliers and we'll continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks again for your continued patience with this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Bekzness

Hi @HarryB - happy new year!

I’ve just returned home after being away for Christmas so was hoping this may have been resolved.

I’ve resubmitted the dates in the ticket as it looks like these were missed as I’ve been asked to provide dates again.

Could you take a look and see if we can get someone booked in ASAP?

My virgin account has no expired so we are completely without internet/tv/phone which makes a miserable new year.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Becki.

I'm sorry to see the issue still on-going, and I hope you've had a good new year.

Unfortunately the open fault report is stuck within our suppliers systems, so it's not allowing us to book an appointment. They've raised this to a back-end team to investigate further and we'll update you when we know more.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet