cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and my Fibre speeds are awful

Julesherring

New customer and my Fibre speeds are awful

Hi there, been a customer since Tuesday 26th August and the speeds have been awful...around 20mb instead of the estimated 55-60mb. I have been told that for the first 10 days it will fluctuate however this is truly awful compared to my previous provider. Could there be an issue with my settings or profile please? Any help greatly appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
You_r_v-poor

Re: New customer and my Fibre speeds are awful

Don’t expect any help from these clowns
Forget all the advertising. Customer support is non existent and you end up in an endless loop of faults that they close without resolution, you can’t respond to their emails and the chat bots don’t work. Useless
Julesherring

Looks like you are right, haven’t heard anything from them at all apart from it’s going to be up and down for the first 10 days. I’m getting less than 20mb download speeds and I know that’s very poor and nothing to do with 10 days testing. Somethings not right and I want them to check my settings or profile to see what’s wrong!
Techman81
Hooked

I'm literally joining PN on the 15th September so I hope everytging goes smoothly...

Anyway regarding your query, the 20mbps DL speed you're getting, is that showing as the sync speed in the router stats or are you doing a speedtest off your phone can I ask?
Julesherring

Hi there. It’s a speedtest on my phone, it’s around 20mb, it’s awful tbh. Router is in the same place as my Sky, same master socket etc
Got to go on 4G on my phone it’s that bad! Rang tech support and they said they can only guarantee hard wire speeds!! I said do you honestly expect people to have network points in every room of the house!!!! Awful response.
Should have stuck with Sky
Techman81
Hooked

Ahh it could be poor wireless speed from the router to your phone possibly. From what I have read the 5ghz band on the PN Hub One is rubbish and that's probably causing the low speed. A lot of PN customers are swapping them out for BT Home/Smart Hub 6's.

I will be doing that from the get go as I have one lying around doing nothing.

If you look at the router stats you will most likely find it is syncing at the estimated speeds. Just the wifi can't throughput those speeds.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for contacting us about your Wi-Fi, check out the help and support page here https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team