cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer. No Internet

sioidestrocio

New customer. No Internet

I have moved homes and upgraded to fiber. My Internet connection was suppose to be activated by 18/10/2018. I can't seem to get online. The router is showing solid orange light and red B light. I have tried getting in touch with the team by calling them but they were not of much help. I have factory reserted the router many times by holding the pin for 20 seconds. I was told that it was an authentication problem and was advised to input the username and password. I did all the steps but there is still no Internet connection. I am frustrated calling everyday and no one is able to fix my problem.
7 REPLIES 7
Vonnymcm

Re: New customer. No Internet

Same has happened to ourselves except connection date was 19 Oct  have spent over 3 hrs on phone trying to deal with Plusnet (about 15 mins of this was actually talking to 3 different people) rest was on hold actually trying to get through.   Turns out my original router is the wrong one and whoever done initial transfer forgot to order router now have to wait again for correct one to be posted out as bt homehub 5 that did work, some how has stopped working,   Just seems to be lies and fob offs at each call 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @sioidestrocio ,

Thank you for your message and welcome to our community.

I've checked into your account and it appears that you are now up and running and are now online, as of this morning, as the below graph indicates:

Visual RADIUS (connection log)

Please let us know if you're still experiencing any sort of issue and we'll be happy to investigate further for you.

Vonnymcm

I still have no internet as said in previous post I did have up until last night by using a bt homehub 5 router that I had but that stopped working for some unknown reason and I am still waiting on correct router from Plusnet that should have been provided for me moving with the upgrade brim basic to fibre extra If my internet was “up and running” I would not have spent a further 35 minutes (listening to the most awful hold music) to speak to the support team member that I eventually got through to and was then advised “as it’s not our router I can’t help you, call back when you receive ours”. So yes I do still have a problem and no I don’t have internet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Vonnymcm  That is very poor from Plusnet support, the Plusnet Hub1 router is effectively the same as the BT home hub5 so if you change the username and password to your Plusnet credentials it should work on your Plusnet connection.

Vonnymcm

Told advisor that today. He wasn’t interested as it wasn’t a hub one. I changed name etc on router but stopped working last night and hasn’t worked since. Have even tried resetting it still have the nice red b for no broadband
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Vonnymcm, while I appreciate the routers are very similar, as it is not a router we provide it's technically correct that we wouldn't support it, although we'd be able to advise the information you'd require to input in the router.

If customers are looking to set up a BT router on a plusnet connection, I'd generally direct them to this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/td-p/1192234

Is your router still plugged in now? As the light you've mentioned on our router, would suggest an authentication failure (If it was a solid red b as opposed to a flashing b) and I believe I've found a cause of this on your account.

Having said this, testing your line is now showing the router is out of sync, which may be a different problem/fault on the network, or it could just be that your router is not currently plugged in.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Vonnymcm

Switched it off. Plusnet router now arrived. Internet is working although will take time no doubt to be to full speed. Let’s see how long it lasts