cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - Hub One won't complete setup!

FIXED
Gooman

New customer - Hub One won't complete setup!

My Unlimited Fibre Extra service was supposed to be live from Monday evening.

Tuesday morning I plugged in the router. The light goes from green to flashing green, to blue, to orange and then just stays on orange.

Checking in the Hub Manager via a wired connection shows the username as setup@plusdsl.net - so it's failing to self-provision.

I've tried entering my actual Plusnet username and password, and it's still not getting beyond the orange light. I've also tried a full factory reset. I've also tried plugging the filter into the BT test socket.

Phoned support on Tuesday and although very helpful, after running a phone line test and a broadband line test they couldn't get any further either, so they escalated it and told me I should get a response within 48 hours.

48 hours has now been and gone, and no news.

Getting very frustrated about this!

5 REPLIES 5
Gooman

Re: New customer - Hub One won't complete setup!

By an amazing coincidence (!) I had a call from the faults escalation team within 30 minutes of posting on here. It turns out that there is a fault in the local network, most likely in the roadside cabinet.

I do wonder why they don't check for faults when they're processing a new connection order? Should be simple to do, and any fault could then be fixed *before* the new subscriber suffers a delay to their service!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to see you're experiencing a fault with your service upon completion of the order. Our suppliers would generally run a line test before completing an order however as far as I'm aware this only applies to the phone line and it's not possible for us or our suppliers to remotely test the broadband before the order is completed.

I can see an engineer has been assigned to the fault at 15:31 this afternoon and you've been up and running since 16:34.

Apologies for the inconvenience this caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gooman

Thanks Gandalf.

As I wasn't at home at the time I didn't see that the Hub had now connected, and there was (and is still) no notification of the fix in the Plusnet portal.

All is working fine now though - thanks for your help!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Gooman At the time I checked yesterday the job was still open with the engineer. I just noticed the time the engineer picked it up and the time we saw a connection our side. 

We aim to pick up a fault ticket within 24 to 72 hours to follow things up. It’s good to see you’re back up and running. Apologies for the period of downtime you’ve had. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gooman To follow things up on here, for some reason that I've never seen before in my 5 years it looks like the fault ticket auto-closed even though the fault with our suppliers is still open, although the fault is showing as cleared.

So the ticket won't get picked up for someone to follow up however I've checked the engineer notes myself and they indicate the fault was to do with the jumpers at the cabinet. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet