Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - DSLAM

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New customer - DSLAM

I'm not sure what you mean by the topic has been pushed to page 4 within a matter of days, where I'm sitting I can see your topic is 1 page unless you've changed your forum settings to only display x number of posts per page.

Some posts we have to prioritise, some posts we follow up on, and some posts I'm responding to from home with no access to our internal systems. I'd love to give everyone the exact same level of service, responding the same day but unfortunately it's not currently always possible due to how small my team is (We are actively looking at expanding).

Moving on, I've looked into your speeds for you and I can see our tests are showing a sync speed of 74.8mbps because DLM has enabled retransmission high on your line and your current bRAS profile is 71047. 

I've increased a profile on your account to match this, can you drop your connection and retest your speed? I'm also taking this on personally moving forward, which means that I'm happy to follow up as soon as I can once you've responded back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gtunney
Dabbler

Thanks for looking into this Gandalf I appreciate your help. I've dropped connection and speeds have improved slightly.

Is there any reason  for the difference between sync speeds? My router is reporting a sync of 78.4mbps but you said your system shows a 74mbps sync.

C0807278-FDD2-4777-9B12-02DC06F297D6.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem, the sync speed on a KBD test we run will always account for retransmission high being enabled on a line, which takes a bit of speed off you unfortunately. Let me know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet