Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - DSLAM

Gtunney
Dabbler

New customer - DSLAM

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently switched to plusnet (28/01/2020) from sky and just wondering how or when DSLAM kicks in. With sky I was synced at 79999/19999 with no issues or drop outs.

Just wondering how long before plusnet can get me back up to this?

C67E9959-DA38-49A5-B555-93AB06A06F74.png

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: New customer - DSLAM

Thanks for getting in touch @Gtunney

It may be worth rebooting the router to see if you get a higher speed as we can see you were connected at around 80Mbps before hand

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gtunney
Dabbler

Will this effect DLM at all? As it’ll be picked up as a connection drop surely?
Gtunney
Dabbler

Rebooted and still stuck at 68mbps sync
Gtunney
Dabbler

Can somebody at PN please check my profile?

Despite my router syncing at 72mbps my profile is set to 63mbps and no matter what I do I can't break 50mbps on speed tests. This isn't an internal bottleneck, local LAN transfer I can get 350+mbps over WiFi. At the bottom of the first screenshot you can see with sky i was consistently getting 70mbps

E228E5AE-97E2-4AEF-ABC0-DED65D92F4B1.png8416B4D5-C410-4A03-8ABE-A868C22AFAC1.png

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Gtunney

I've just reset your profile so this should improve.

Could you please test this via a wired connection tomorrow and let us know how you get on?

Best wishes

Dave

Gtunney
Dabbler

Bit of an update.

My line is now syncing at 78mbps which is great and what I’d expect however I can’t top 61.7mbps on any speed tests. On a 78mbps sync I’d expect roughly 70mbps on a Speedtest taking into account 10% overhead.

My BTW profile is set to 68mbps, my plusnet account says my profile is 65mbps. Can somebody confirm what my profile actually is and can it be upped to match my sync?
TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Hello there,

Stabilisation normally takes effect over the first 10 days, I would recommend allowing this time before making any changers as to not upset the profile.

Hope all else is well.

Regards - Kev

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
Gtunney
Dabbler

Can my profile be checked now please? It’s been 14 days now and despite my line syncing at 78mbps solid and I’m stuck on a 68mbps profile which gives me 61mbps download.

I’d expect my profile to be closer to the sync rate.
Gtunney
Dabbler

Can I have an update on this please?

I’d like to know what my current profile is and if this can be increased closer to my sync speed?
Gtunney
Dabbler

Anybody from plusnet care to help at all?
Gtunney
Dabbler

Yawn! Anybody????Huh
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Gtunney

I do sincerely apologise for the delayed response, I'd firstly like to note more for a heads up than anything else that whilst I appreciate it's taking a while for us as staff to help out via our community forums recently, if you 'bump' a thread this will push you to the back of our queue as our internal response system works from the latest post date when sorting posts and messages in the queue. It's definitely not ideal, but the value of other people replying to threads to help out outweighs that and we're working on improving our response times, so we can pick up all threads in a timely fashion regardless.

It's also worth noting that bumping threads is against the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up. Not that I'll do anything on the back of that, as that's in the domain of our mods who moderate these forums fairly as customers.

Having said that, I'm happy to look into this for you when I'm back in the office tomorrow. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Trixiemay
Grafter

I have noticed that different browsers give different results when testing speed.

Gtunney
Dabbler

New posts seem to get answered pretty quick so your latest post theory doesn’t seem to add up. I’m in a “queue” yet the topic got pushed to page 4 within a matter of days.

I’m all for sitting and waiting in the queue but it’s frustrating to see when after a week nobody has bothered to even check my post yet another 30+ new posts and older posts have had not one but numerous replies from plusnet staff.