Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer 5mb fibre speed

FIXED
Grhmeh
Dabbler

New customer 5mb fibre speed

Joined  plusnet fiber  27/6/17  got 32 mb initially then it whent down to 5mb I was with talktalk standard broadband and had 10.5 mb can you help please. one other problem was my caller display was not working

8 REPLIES 8
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: New customer 5mb fibre speed

If you didn't order caller display when you signed up then it possibly needs activating through your account, 99p/month.

It isn't included by default as far as I know.Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Grhmeh,

In regards to caller display, I see you've contacted via another channel and this should be active on your line now.

I've checked your fibre connection and it's not flagging up any issues with speeds, however it is indicating the it's currently disconnected at the premises.

Do you have the router connected to the master socket through a micro filter? (Providing you don't have a pre-filtered faceplate on the socket)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Grhmeh
Dabbler

I am at work at the moment and I had left the router off this morning, the router is connected by an extension cable from the main bt socket and has worked well like this for several years getting a steady 10.5mb.If after I switch it on again and I still only get 5mb I will try the router on the bt socket.  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to guarantee a service via an extension socket, however please do let us know how you get on when connected via the master socket.

As a side note, I'd also recommend leaving the router connected and not disconnecting it when it's not in use.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Grhmeh
Dabbler

Phoned plusnet this evening and they found a fault at the exchange after a line test so fingers crossed it will be sorted many thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there,

It looks like your service is running on a hot virtual path.

This pretty much means that the equipment at the exchange is overutilised. It's due to be fixed on the 4th August, however, I've contacted our suppliers to see if we can move your service to a cooler VP which should happen within 24 hours.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Grhmeh
Dabbler

Speed now 33 to 37 mb down and 2 mb up I hope it stays like that, thanks for your help in sorting it out.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @Gandalf as per message #7.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still