cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection, lower speeds than estimated

Rajveer86
Dabbler

New connection, lower speeds than estimated

I've signed up for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra and had an estimated download speed between 40Mb and 55Mb, however I'm getting around 28Mb down and 6-7 Mb up. The BT engineer came yesterday and connected a new line to the telephone pole (so it's not the line as it's brand new), and said that the nearest fibre cabinet was around 600m away so to not expect high speeds, but he was shocked at the low speed I'm getting. He called from the cabinet saying that it's getting 80/20 fine so there could be something wrong between the cabinet and the telephone pole. This was with the Plusnet Hub One connected to the new master socket he put in, and also with a BT Openreach Echolife HG612 modem connected with an Asus AC88U (my current config). Either way I'm not happy with this speed so could somebody help me out?

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New connection, lower speeds than estimated

Hi there,

Line tests are showing that there's an issue on our suppliers systems which is causing a mismatch between two speed profiles.

I've picked this up and we're expecting them to resolve this within the next few hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rajveer86
Dabbler

Brilliant! Thanks for the quick response, once it's been done and I'm home I'll update with how well it's working.

Rajveer86
Dabbler

I've just tested again now that I'm home and I'm still getting the same speeds unfortunately. I've also tried restarting both my modem and router and have the same results. I know it's been escalated to your supplier, however do you know when the change is likely to take place?

DDK
Hooked

Hi, my  Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra was switched on today as well.  I wish I was getting your speeds!  My estimated speed was 60Mbps -78Mbps and at the moment I'm getting around 12Mbps download and 18Mbps upload. 

I'll see what it's like in the morning but, I'm not very happy either.

Rajveer86
Dabbler

Hi Adam, is there an update on this? Last night and this morning things were the same unfortunately.

EDIT: Just saw your reply to my ticket last night, I'll update the ticket instead of here from now on.