cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection issues - many websites not loading but will on VPN - occasional billing issue notice

FIXED
beastman
Dabbler

New connection issues - many websites not loading but will on VPN - occasional billing issue notice

EDIT Just realised I should have posted in Fibre thread!

I've changed back to plusnet from nowtv (sky) and its been a hassle from get go. (no router posted to me for starters - fortunately I used my old one). Anway many websites fail to load, almost as if there is a DNS issue - sometimes I get the billing issue website/url coming up - I have used different browsers - changed to the brand new router that was sent (after chasing it up) and all with the same issues - this is happening on wifi and also with ethernet direct connection. Magically though when I switch on my browser based VPN (Winscribe on chrome extension) the sites load fine.

These are some of the websites that won't load or fail to load properly/fully or load painfully slowly:

speedtest.net

twitter.com

bbc.co.uk/sport/football

google.co.uk

google.com

trustedreviews.com

ebay.co.uk

Any ideas? I've heard about the billing issues on plusnet and wonder if that is something to do with it.

I've added a PDF showing screenshots. I've contacted tech support and they weren't much help to be honest.

thanks

Jason

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New connection issues - many websites not loading but will on VPN - occasional billing issue not

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: New connection issues - many websites not loading but will on VPN - occasional billing issue ...

Hello @beastman,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm really sorry that you are having trouble connecting to specific websites and for the delay in the delivery of your Plunset router. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I can see the router was ordered a couple of days ago, can you let us know if you are still using your old router currently? We find that routers from Sky/Talktalk may not work correctly with the service.

Thanks.

beastman
Dabbler

Re: New connection issues - many websites not loading but will on VPN - occasional billing issue ...

I was using the old plusnet hub one that I had from over a year ago when I was last with plusnet - I then changed it over to avoid doubt to the brand new one (which obviously arrived late) - same problem exists (not surprisingly!). The only difference in the routers is, I guess the slightly newer software/firmware.

Ironically I am posting this on the chrome browser using a vpn addon but it I switch to internet explorer and try to bring up 

https://community.plus.net/

it doesn't load!

thanks

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Thanks for your post, @beastman.

Checking the connection logs, the only thing that I believe could be causing this is the IP range as I can see that it's never changed, even on disconnection. We are aware that some customer have had an issue with the IP range causing precisely this problem.

Please power down the router for around 30 minutes and a new IP range should be assigned, which should fix the issue you're seeing.

beastman
Dabbler

left it off overnight and all seems back to normal thanks

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @beastman,

Thank you for getting back in touch, I'm glad to hear that everything looks to be back to normal now and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this caused you. Please let us know if you experience any further connection problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team