Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection half speed expected

ayrshire2001
Grafter

New connection half speed expected

Hi

Was upgraded to Fibre up to 76 Mbps today bud kinda disappointing to be only getting speeds of high 30s when I do speed tests.  Am I doing something wrong?  The profile says:

"Estimated line speed:80Mb (This may vary between 64.1Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2016-12-12 12:46:58Current line speed:17.5 Mb"

8 REPLIES 8
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: New connection half speed expected

Hi your plusnet Profile isn't set correctly most likely hasn't been updated when you Switched to fibre and is still set on ADSL, someone on the online chat should be able to adjust it to get the right speed for you, that's the quickest way to get it done. or you can wait and see if one of the plusnet staff sees the post and does it for you.

PeterBirt
Grafter

Hi,

Has this been sorted for you yet? If not PM your username and I will sort the profiles out tomorrow when I get in to work.

ayrshire2001
Grafter

I'm getting speeds all over the place ranging from 30s to 60s.  The Profile on the website is still showing "

Estimated line speed:80Mb (This may vary between 64.1Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2016-12-12 12:46:58Current line speed:17.5 Mb"

Not sure if this needs resetting or something.

PeterBirt
Grafter

OK sorry to hear that. If you PM me your username I will look into it tomorrow for you and see if there is anything going on that could explain the speed fluctuations. 

If it was profile issue on the account it would be stuck at 17 all the time and not jumping up and down between 30 to 60. 

I suspect it could be something on the backhaul causing it but until I can run some tests I can't be sure.

If you could also log a fault on http://faults.plus.net that would be great.

ayrshire2001
Grafter

PM sent Smiley

PeterBirt
Grafter

Hi,

I have found that the Virtual circuit you are connected on is currently showing as Amber. I have raised a ticket on your account.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=140073496

In order for me to progress this I need speed test result run on BTwholesale. Once I have these I can echat the complex fault team at Bt to have you moved to an alternate circuit.

Please complete speed tests at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

Ensure you complete the further diagnostics for me.

Once you have done that please reply to the ticket on your account and I will be notified at which point I can get on to Wholesale to make the change.

ayrshire2001
Grafter

thanks.  Speed tests have now settled about the 70 Mbps mark.  I'm taking this is about normal.  Do you still want me to do the BT test if there is an "amber" Showing?

Thanks again for your help

PeterBirt
Grafter

If the speed is performing normally at the moment the speedtest wouldn't help much as ideally I'd need a failing test to demostrate to Wholesale that the amber VLan is impacting the speed your receiving inorder to facilitate a move to an alternate circuit.

Next time you see the impacted speed do the test for me and I can get the rest sorted from there.