cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection delayed

john_tandy
Grafter

New connection delayed

have just joined pn on fibre optic usually 2 week installed time but got the email today an they said the 5th of OCTOBER a WHOLE month wait due to lack of staff trained what a joke no other reason given no compensation offered and to I'll have to pay sky another month I wasn't expecting to not a good start of the pn  experience 

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New connection delayed

Hi there,

Sme fibre orders can complete in a minimul of 10-12 working days but some do take longer purely due to engineer availability in each area.

I'm sorry to see yours falls into the latter category, there's definitely an issue with how we've handled your expectations here so I will look into how we've done that and pass on some feedback where needed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
john_tandy
Grafter

well I guess it can't be helped but how about a offer or two to reduce the pain ?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Whilst I appreciate it's a really, really long delay and I sincerely apologise for it, we advised the following in your welcome email.

* Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes

We'll make sure the initial fee you've paid up front doesn't start until your services activate with us.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
john_tandy
Grafter

not much I can do 😂 but wait for it but how much would a new install differ from this as i have poor cable to home as in it old cable 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

A new line installation would cost £49.99 and it's still subject to engineer availability. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet