cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband customer- not working!

Djshepy

New broadband customer- not working!

Had fibre broadband installed 14/03/18. Logged a call as it wasn't working, went through all checks and found no reason why. Engineer had said line was working. Broadband not connecting with an old hub box either. Told I would be contacted about sorting it, but still no communication. If an engineer has to come out again, I need to know asap so I can be home and get time off work which is hard to get. But disappointed I have not been able to use my broadband yet and only just installed! Could plus net could get back to me as to when they will send out an engineer? Anyone else had this problem at the beginning of their contract? How long did it take to be resolved?
6 REPLIES 6
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: New broadband customer- not working!

Hi @Djshepy

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that you raised a fault on the 13/3/18 and that my colleague send you some troubleshooting information on this ticket here on the 14/3/18.

Could you confirm that you've undertaken all of the steps that my colleague provided before we progress this further?

Thanks,

Dave

Djshepy

Yes checked it all! Apart from we don't have a house phone to check dial tone but engineer checked and said it was working on Tuesday. Also tried other phone socket in bedroom.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Djshepy

Thanks for confirming that.

Your service is actually showing as active and connected at your property but the router isn't picking up the signal.

Could you confirm what's going on with the router at the moment in terms of lights etc?

Thanks,

Dave

Djshepy

Flashing red "b" with Amber bar light. Every time I restart it it will go green then blue, then back to Amber with flashing red b
Djshepy

Is anyone going to get back to me on this? Beginning to get hacked off! And not a good sign of things to come if this is the service I get right from the beginning!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you reported the fault?