cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account. Laptop keeps disconnecting

Grafter

New account. Laptop keeps disconnecting

Hi all. I hate these forums. I don't think this is the right way for companies to help customers yet more and more are doing it. Anyway...

I have a new fibre account after being with sky for a year. My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection to the new router. It didn't happen at all with sky but since joining plusnet it will drop multiple times an hour.

I have no issues with my phone, xbox or now tv stick connecting to the WiFi. So why the issues with the laptop?

If this can't be fixed I'll be cancelling my account. I'm not paying you for something you can't provide (and don't tell me it's my laptop cause sky managed to connect to my laptop for a full year no issues at all,the problem started with plusnet router)
2 REPLIES 2
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

Re: New account. Laptop keeps disconnecting

@preecejon I'm sorry to say this, but if all other devices maintain connectivity, it must be your laptop but what it is on your laptop I don't know. Cancelling your brand new account will also be very costly, as the connection as far as your router is wher Plusnets responsibility ends.

Can you explain what happens when you lose connection?

NOTE: I am not Plusnet staff, merely another customer like you.

John
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

Re: New account. Laptop keeps disconnecting

@preecejon Just a thought - it may be your wireless card/chip. Can you try a wired connection to the router?

John