cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Unlimited Fibre Extra Router Speeds

safi1978
Hooked

New Unlimited Fibre Extra Router Speeds

I know I keep posting here, and it's a little late so I want to get any quick replies, but I want to make sure I'm getting the best from my broadband package.

Recently I upgraded to Fibre Extra from Unlimited expecting faster speed, but the performance has almost been the same. When I check the Downstream sync speed from the router it says 14.3Mb, nowhere near the 66Mb average that was promised. Also, when I go on my Member Centre, it still says I'm on the basic Unlimited service.

Is there anyone I can get to look into this or is there something I can do myself?

Any help is appreciated as always.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: New Unlimited Fibre Extra Router Speeds

@safi1978  you asked the same question/had an answer in your previous thread.

To get more detail, if you post the results of the BTW checker, hiding your phone number, it will show what your line is capable of. In theory PN would not offer an upgrade if your line is not capable, but sometimes they can slip through - or it could be you have a fault on your line.

If you post the results of the Help Desk tab, by logging into the router, going to ADVANCED/TROUBLESHOOTING/HELPDESK, hiding your username and any other sensitive info we can help point you in the right direction.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New Unlimited Fibre Extra Router Speeds

Thanks for your post @safi1978

I'm afraid as per our responses Here your fibre upgrade's not completed yet.

I'm really sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet