cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Subscriber - Phone switched overnight but no advice about internet switching

kevdwyer
Grafter

New Subscriber - Phone switched overnight but no advice about internet switching

Hi,
I just switched from BT fibre to Plusnet fibre and phone package. My phone was switched overnight and of course my BT Broadband has stopped working.
I have received advice that my plusnry router has been sent and that my Internet should be available from 5th, I have not however had any notification about an engineer visiting ( I don't actually need it as i have a TPLink 9980 that I was using on BT)
Is it just a matter of them switching me over at the exchange ?
6 REPLIES 6
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New Subscriber - Phone switched overnight but no advice about internet switching

If you already have fibre then there is no need for a engineer unless there is a problem, all you need to do is plug in the plusnet router or configure your own router and away you go that is  assuming the switch over has been done and plusnet have thrown the switch their end.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: New Subscriber - Phone switched overnight but no advice about internet switching

I never got a notification when switching in over a year ago either. In fact I got told an engineer would be coming (which I ignored being a savvy user). When I got home I just decided to switch my router over on the off-chance and the service turned out to be live and ready.
kevdwyer
Grafter

Just an update on this.
I got through to [mremoved] in customer support and explained the problem. Mark checked things his end and said that the part of the system needed to get me up and running was down, but that he would call back when he was able to access it again.
True to his word Mark did call me back and went through various settings with me. I had been using a TP Link 9980 with my BT Fibre without any problems but when I entered my Plusnet  configuration details it would throw up a "Unknown Error" message.
Mark was patient whilst I got my old BT Homehub and Router back out of the box and set it up again. This sorted the problem and I was able to connect to the Internet.
Smiley
Once up and running I had another try with the TP Link, still no joy and still getting the "Unknown error" message. I did a factory reset of the TP link and re entered all my details, it then connected without a problem.
Really pleased with the support that I received, I'm getting 34 down but only 1.8 up, I'm hoping that the up speed  increases over time as i was getting about 15 up with BT.
Once again, great customer support 🙂
dick:csa
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From those speeds it seems likely that you have ordered the standard fibre package not the fibre extra so you will be on 40/2 speeds
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As Oldjim has stated the package you've signed up for is 40/2 so you won't get any better then that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kevdwyer
Grafter

Ah, Ok, misread it as 40/20  Embarrassed
Thanks for the feedback.