Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Signup!

flamingbadger
Dabbler

New Signup!

Hi,
I've just signed up to Plusnet having moved from a BT Infinity service.  With my current service, I use the BT supplied BT Openreach (Huawei) modem with my own router behind it (i.e. a cable style router).
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the equipment I'm going to receive from Plus will allow me to continue this setup - for example, do Plus still provide a separate modem and router package or do their routers have the VDSL modem built in?  Sorry for the dumb question but I'm struggling to find a reference to this on the website.
Thanks in advance!
fb.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Signup!

They will supply an all in one router/modem which is equivalent to a HomeHub Type A although you could actually continue using your existing equipment by changing the login information in the router
flamingbadger
Dabbler

Thank you Oldjim.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@FlamingBadger
This may help if you wish to use your current set up, however the equipment sent out by Plusnet will be the same as the BT Hub 5 just rebadged as Plusnet (BT own Plusnet  Smiley )
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135840.0.html
Regards
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
flamingbadger
Dabbler

Many thanks for the pointers NE Smiley
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

No problem  Wink
Hope you get set up okay!  Cool
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
flamingbadger
Dabbler

For those interested, Plus works perfectly using the existing BT Openreach modem Smiley