cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sagemcom 2704n Moden Fibre sent & doesn't work with port forwarding to the camera

JnFnRu

New Sagemcom 2704n Moden Fibre sent & doesn't work with port forwarding to the camera

Hi there
We have been sent a new modem , the Sagemcom 2704n i assume, and we had a technicolor before.
I have copied over all of my port forwarding and opening TCP/UDP Ports (8k, 9k, 10510) so we can see our camera on kweye/meye iphone app.
Unlike the technicolor one, it didn't ask me to put the ip of the DVR into the port forwarding process.
Ever since the new modem, it will work for like 1 hour and then in the app it just says "Connect to server fail/ Failed to connect".
When I go into the modems IP it says the same exact input that I make and nothing changes.
Only once I go into the Port Forwarding Edit and without changing anything click "Apply" it then starts working again.
Can anyone help?
6 REPLIES 6
JnFnRu

Re: New Hub5 Moden Fibre sent and doesn't work with port forwarding to the camera

Any1 can help?
Luck
Dabbler

Re: New Hub5 Moden Fibre sent and doesn't work with port forwarding to the camera

Try deleting the existing application ports and reading them again. I had the same problem when the IP of the camera changed
JnFnRu

Ive completely removed the old input and added it again but it still does it.
I find it strange that the old router asked for the IP input but this one doesn't.
Luck
Dabbler

Re: New Sagemcom 2704n Moden Fibre sent & doesn't work with port forwarding to the camera

if you have static ip setup on your cctv then it won't work as it have to be dhcp for it to be able to be picked up by the router attached devices, then it can be added to port forwarding.
it's rather annoying that some cctv need to be rebooted every so often and the ip can be randomly assign and it's back to square one again.
JnFnRu

Re: New Sagemcom 2704n Moden Fibre sent & doesn't work with port forwarding to the camera

So there is nothing i can do with the current plusnet router?
I know the camera support except the router to be static so i assume the DVR has static ip?
Is there a separate router i can purchase that makes it possible for me to have it work?
Luck
Dabbler

If you can see the DVR on the list of attached device then the problem may be else where. Do you know IP address of the DVR?