Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router?

zombies
Grafter
Fixes: 1

New Router?

I'm looking at making the move to Fiber in due course but am wondering whether my current router will work well (or at all) with PN Fiber?
The router I have is an Asus DSL-AC68U. It's worked great for my current broadband without issues.
I know PN send out their own router with fiber, so my thought was that if the AC68U didn't work with fiber, that I'd somehow keep it and use it as a router/firewall - leaving the PN hub handling the internet connection itself, passing all traffic to/from the AC68U.
So my questions are:
1) Would an Asus DSL-AC68U work on PN fiber?
2A) If so, what configuration changes would I need to make to it (or check), to ensure it works as well as, if not better than the PN supplied router?
2B) If not, could I do what I'm thinking and use the PN router as a router and use my Asus behind it (so the Asus handles DHCP/Firewall etc)?
I guess I'm asking for examples for #2B as I'm not terribly familiar with using a router as a router - but not using its' internal modem.
Any thoughts, warnings or suggestions would be appreciated by anyone here.  Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: New Router?

I believe that model is compatible with VDSL (FTTC broadband) without requiring a separate router modem.  [< Edit]
[Edit] This may be helpful: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136784.0.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
zombies
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: New Router?

It certainly looks like DSL-AC68U will work fine with fiber, thank you for replying - if anyone else has any success or horror stories with this particular router, I'd be grateful for the share  Smiley
dick:quote