cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router

martint

New Router

Hi,
So I have the Technicolour router and the signal through my house is terrible.
Plusnet support have been no help at all and following all advice I can find has not helped.
Which router would people advise? I'm pretty happy to spend on a good one as I don't want to spend again and it only be marginally better.
Also, it would be great if the router can allow for an open NAT on my xbox one.
So far Plusnet has been a very poor service with all this.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
1001imsim36

Re: New Router

@Martint
Have a look at this posting (now on page 2 of this forum) entitled 'Difficulty reaching certain sites since fibre installation'
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137644.0.html
Methinks Plusnet are very well aware of the shortcomings of the Technicolor router.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can you give a brief description of your house including the number of walls you expect the signal to pass through and their construction
This would help posters to give the best advice as in some cases even the best router will struggle
martint

thanks for the replies guys
@KeithS
I've looked through the post and I think my problem is just to do with signal strength. On wired or when the signal decides to be better my connection is actually very good.
@Oldjim
Its an old house so I guess the walls are pretty thick but the router is in the office at the top of the stairs and I only really need signal in the living room at the foot of the stairs and the bedroom down the landing.
thanks again
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

as a cheap test try getting a homehub 4 or homehub 5 off ebay - that may well solve it