cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router recommendation

m4rky

New Router recommendation

Hi,
I have been using the plusnet Technicolor TG582n router for years and it's still working.
Over the last year we have had many more wireless devices around the house (ipads, Sonos etc) and I have noticed that the wireless performance is not as good as it was.
So I was thinking of getting a better router with better wireless performance. What is recommended?Huh
Is it worth trying to get one of the newer plusnet routers?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: New Router recommendation

Hello there. It's possible your router is getting a little old, however I'd first recommend changing your wireless channel to help avoid any potential wireless interference in your area. Here's our guide on wireless connectivity.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml
If your wireless performance is still not up to scratch, a more powerful router or wifi booster could be a good option. We don't supply boosters, however our Customer Options Team (0800 013 2632) would be happy to look into providing the new Hub Zero router (worth £40.00) but free of charge as part of a new contract + P&P £6.99.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I would recommend a Hub One or a BT Hub 5 as this has newer wireless technology than the Hub Zero and TG582n.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

The Plusnet Hub One router has
2.4GHz Wifi 802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s)
and
5GHz Wifi 802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)
Cheesy