cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router for Plusnet Fibre.Need Suggestions

sully48
Dabbler

New Router for Plusnet Fibre.Need Suggestions

Basically as title says i'm looking to change my router and dont really have much of a clue whjat will work best etc.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Martin
5 REPLIES 5
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: New Router for Plusnet Fibre.Need Suggestions

A couple of questions need to be answered:
What router do you currently have?
Why do you want to change it?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @sully48,
Looks like you've been using the fibre variant of a TG582n from us.
If you take a browse/search through some of the previous posts on there you're likely to find some router recommendations from others.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidwalker900
Grafter

_Adam_Walker_  you know the router come from you it has low recommends to use it does not have high speed ports i think thats what sully48 looking for and other providers going into use the dsl port with there routers too bt has done it and EE to take out the bt openreach modem i think plusnet have to think about combined router with integrated VDSL for self installs then haveing bt openreach coming out soon or later bt openreach will stop installs they will only do the line works maybe end of next year
taras
Grafter

The 2 box solution is actually more versatile, as you have wider choice of wireless routers out there ... The downside is that its two boxes which many don't like.
Back to the OP,
are you connecting via wireless or wired?
Also how many devices are you planning to connect ?
Do you have any wireless dead spots?
What kind of budget do you have ?
davidwalker900
Grafter

i said untill bt openreach withdraw's there modem then plusnet is in deep end and would not able to sort it out for a few months to sort out how to do it i bet you in late 2015 bt openreach will stop giving there modems