Just joined Plusnet for the first time so excited to be changing provider for the first time in years and great to be onboard.
I was switched over yesterday and plugged in my router however the status lights keep scrolling through all colours of the rainbow - even though my phone line is working fine. Wondering if someone in support could help run a Line Test? I may call as well to speak to a technical support contact.
Fixed! Go to the fix.
If you haven't been able to get through to PN support, try this:-
1. Factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,
If that doesn’t work:
3. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
4. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s email@example.com then it hasn’t configured itself.
5. Remove the DSL cable.
6. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
7. Enter your account password.
8. Plug the DSL cable back in.
9. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it)
No guarantees it will work, and you may have to contact PN, but it is worth a try.