cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PN customer day 3. Connection dropping every couple of minutes. At my wits end.

FIXED
Cornishfamily
Dabbler

New PN customer day 3. Connection dropping every couple of minutes. At my wits end.

I'm new to plusnet after moving from Sky. My wired connection is dropping every few minutes. If impossible to get my work done let alone the children watch TV. I understand some fluctuation is normal but to have no internet or unusable internet is unacceptable. I've tried rebooting, unplugging everything and still the same. I'm having to use my android mobile hotspot to write this message in an attempt to get some HELP!!

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New PN customer day 3. Connection dropping every couple of minutes. At my wits end.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Can you report this here so we can look into this further?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cornishfamily
Dabbler

Re: New PN customer day 3. Connection dropping every couple of minutes. At my wits end.

This is ridiculous. I followed your link and filled in the error report, but then I received an Error sending the error report form...lol!

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

We're sorry, but you can't use the Broadband Troubleshooter to report a fault on your service. Please contact our Support Team for help.

Cornishfamily
Dabbler

I managed to recover part of the message FYI

"Day 3 new PL customer. Day 1 I had Ok ethernet speeds, Day 2 and 3 drops every 2-10 minutes. I work from home and lost 3 days of work as the internet is unusable. I've had to purchase my own NEW modem and router at a cost of ?200 as my PN router failed to arrive on the activation day. It was only realised by PN when brought to your attention on the day of activation. I am connected directly to the main adsl socket via wired ethernet to the router. I have disconnected the faceplate and tried the test socket, problem still remains. Please help as I was expecting fluctuating speeds but not unusable internet."

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Cornishfamily wrote:
... I work from home and lost 3 days of work as the internet is unusable.

You're obviously upset with the poor performance, I do sympathise and don't want to wind you up any more. However, if my income depended on a reliable high availability broadband connection I would ask myself whether a budget residential (rather than business) service was the right one to go for. Plusnet do offer a Business service, it costs a bit more but I understand that response times are quicker. If of course that you are a business customer and miss posted then please ignore this post.

P.S. Like you I am a customer so please don't blame Plusnet if you don't like this post.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

@Cornishfamily Can you try again?

Some details were missing from your account which will have stopped you reporting this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team