New Hub One Router Disconnects

FIXED
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: New Hub One Router Disconnects

@Evanstu, did you see my reply here?

Edit: Ignore me, I can see I've already applied the update. Did it not help?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Evanstu Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I can see that there was a period where your connection wasn't working but since then your connection has been mostly stable bar a few drops today as shown below

Do the drops shown here match up with what you're seeing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AGH77

Hi @SammyM (or any other staff member reading this with access to the system), I had 2-3 dropouts which felt like they lasted longer than usual this morning, including a side order of orange light of death with accompanying orange 'b' light on a couple of occasions, but it's been pretty stable since then.  Has there been any notification on your side that the work Openreach are supposed to be doing has been completed, please?

Evanstu

Hi Bob - yes thanks it did improve it but it goes through spells of dropping out still albeit not as often.  Very frustrating

Evanstu

as you can see i've been away for a few days (the no connection period) so it's hard to say but what you can see is random drop outs at random times.   Granted it's not as bad as it has been but i'd rather have none! 

robbino
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Can you apply the firmware upgrade to my hub.  As of yesterday the hub keeps disconnecting/connecting every few minutes.  I have tried all the usually fixes.

regards

Rob

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @AGH77,

Thanks for the update.

We're showing that the works were indeed completed yesterday morning and I can see from the connection logs that it does seem to have been resolved for you bar a couple of drops yesterday evening.

Does this reflect what you're seeing at your end?

AGH77

Well, @OskarPapa, I was out for quite a lot of today, but when I got back shortly after you sent your message I noticed the signal seemed to be dropping out again.

You're broadly right about yesterday evening, when the signal seemed largely to be OK apart from a couple of dropouts.  The problem is that the only way to solve the dropout was to unplug everything and then reconnect it, and this was what had led to me sending back the previous router.  Note also I don't mean pressing the 'reset' button on the router, I mean switching it off, unplugging everything from it, waiting, then reconnecting and rebooting it.

I've been a PlusNet customer for about 11 years now, and I've always been very satisfied with the service provided, but I can't say this has been the case since I 'upgraded' to high-speed with you.  In my experience of it, the Hub One router just isn't reliable.  Lengthy dropouts are far too regular, and not a day goes by when I don't have some issue with connectivity.  Earlier today (approx. 5.30pm), my family had to abandon trying to stream something on the TV as the signal just wasn't reliable.  The router sits next to the phone line to which it is connected, and is also right next to the TV, and the streaming services they try to use are either via an app built in to the TV or a box right next to it, so distance between socket and router, or router and equipment, cannot be an issue.  Then more recently I've been trying to use my phone connected to wifi.  The issue here is that the connection just seems to grind to a halt and the only way to get the app/browser to load is to disconnect from wifi and use 4G.  This can happen anywhere within the house, whether I'm right next to the router or as far away as I can be from it in a small house, and has been the case for most of the past hour.  For a company with your reputation for good service I feel this falls a long way short.

James1o1o
Grafter

@bobpullen

Can you deploy the updated firmware to me also? I've been experiencing many drops for a long time now.

AGH77

In case you can look into it by time, at present the same thing is happening as yesterday: I’m very close to the router but the signal keeps dropping out. This has been happening for about 30 minutes.
trumpeter
Hooked

Well Sky managed to fix my Sky Q connectivity issues i've been having. They ended up hard wiring one of their boosters to my one hub and then connecting the sqy Q through that network, thereby totally bypassing the wifi on my one hub.

However they did raise a few questions.

why do we still need the BT fibre modem in line?

Is it because the one hub is not compatible with fibre on its own?

If so then the one hub would appear to be outdated technology and not fit for purpose for a growing ISP to be using.

so hopefully my issues have been solved. will keep you all updated if i have any other problems with it

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @AGH77,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues. I've taken a look into your account today and raised a response via the open ticket, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team