Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub One Router Disconnects

FIXED
Noak
Hooked

Re: New Hub One Router Disconnects

Thanks again for applying this update to our router @bobpullen. I'm pleased to say it's been a few days now and our connection has been rock solid, so I can confidently report that this has fixed the problem.

Evanstu

Hi- I have worsening problems exactly as described and subsequently fixed by the firmware update.  You've sent an engineer out today from Openreach and this hasn't solved a thing, in fact the dropouts seem worse.  However he did confirm the speeds are good that reach the router and the line is very stable with no problems.  Assuming it might be this firmware issue, or at least i'd like to give it a go.  Is it possible for someone to fire it over to my router or advise of what I can do to try and rectify this really frustrating problem?

Thanks

sue_h
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Just wanted to update this thread as I was having huge problems way back in May.  Once Bob Pullen had upgraded the router it was like magic had happened, fix was instant and it is still going great.

Current speeds are down: 73.6 Mbps and up is 16.09 Mbps and very stable, been down for a minute or so maybe twice in 4 months and it reconnected itself.  

Can I suggest that this upgrade is the first resort and not the last one for this type of problem?  That's if there is no line fault of course.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Evanstu, fancy messaging me your serial number?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

trumpeter
Hooked

.@bobpullen. Can you push out the update to mine too.

I have had problems with mine as everyone else has described.

Even got a new router sent out and have the same issues with frequent disconnects mainly affecting SkyQ boxes and 3 or 4 wireless devices.

Ticket number 183740606

On the verge of either cancelling with plusnet in favour of sky or buying my own router to replace the hub one!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@trumpeter, the replacement router you were sent is already running an equivalent firmware build.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

AGH77

Seems I'm not the only one to find the Hub One Router substandard then. I've already had it replaced once and am loathe to keep sending it back for replacement, so if there's a way one of the product team can tell me if the one I now have (sent about 3 weeks ago) is running the latest firmware, then I can at least rule that out. Is that a possibility, please?
Noak
Hooked

We're on firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 and it has been rock solid stable since it was applied at 80Mbps down/20Mbps up, prior to that we experienced disconnections daily. You can see what version of firmware your router is running at the bottom of it's web config.

AGH77

Thanks for the reply. I’ve checked and that’s our firmware, but I’m stil experiencing dropouts. Any other suggestions?
Noak
Hooked

I'm afraid not other then the usual kind of stuff that you hopefully already have in place before getting to this stage. Ideally you want the router to be plugged into the BT Master socket through a interstital DSL filter. Have you tried unplugging all of your other phones etc to rule out issues with them? If you're running that firmware then I'm pretty confident you must have an issue elsewhere.

AGH77

It’s all set up as you suggest, and I’ve unplugged everything, switched everything off, re-connected every item individually etc, but it drops out still.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @AGH77,

Thanks for your post.

On testing your line I've found an issue with the copper network that's external to your premises as seen below:

BC.JPG

I've raised a fault with Openreach and we do have an estimated response time of 09/11/18 by 23:59

The fault could be cleared before that date and time but could also take longer. Don't worry though, now that we've detected the issue we should hopefully have it resolved ASAP for you.

AGH77

Thanks for that.  Can you tell from this how close to my property this is, please?  I'm trying to figure out if this will mean they need to be able to access the house or not.

And do you have any idea what that fault means, please?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @AGH77,

Thanks for getting back in touch. From the test results we won't know specifically where in the network the issue is however at this moment in time it is highlighting towards an external problem.

Our supplier will investigate this and if the external network test is clear they will contact us to arrange an appointment. Sometimes engineers will contact you in this event, however please don't worry if your not at home as we will contact you to arrange an internal visit.

If our suppliers do locate the fault within the external network, they will provide an report advising what the issue was and the work carried out to resolve this.

We would be happy to provide this when we have an update from them.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Evanstu

Mine's the same - i was offered another router last week (but i had to cover postage, which is harsh seeing as it's never worked consistently since i got it) so i rejected this and will change supplier asap.