New Hub One Router Disconnects

FIXED
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: New Hub One Router Disconnects

Thanks @HarryB Smiley

@sue_h I've upgraded the software on your router to version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 which resolves some threshold quirkiness that doesn't play well with sub-6db SNR profiles. You'll have lost Internet connectivity for a few minutes so apologies if you were in the middle of anything.

Hopefully it'll lead to some improvement.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sue_h
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Thanks.

OR sorted a small voltage issue on the line this morning and I've been out so no idea if the broadband is stable or not.

Only connecting at 28.0 Mbps download right now.  Is that the best I can expect?  I think I'm on the wrong fibre package if it is.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

While it may be too soon to tell for sure, the connection doesn't appear to have dropped since earlier this afternoon after Bob pushed the change to the router:

Regarding the speeds, you're actually in sync up at 70Mbps however the profile on the account doesn't appear to have updated as quickly as we would have liked it too, if you drop the connection and reconnect you should hopefully see an increase in speed.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sue_h
Grafter

Thanks ever so.

Restarted router and speeds are good now.  I suppose it's too soon to say for sure but let's hope this has finally been sorted.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you have any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sue_h
Grafter

Want to thank you guys for all your help.  The software update seems to have finally fixed things.

Thought I'd be back to square one after new boiler installed today and the prat drilled through an electric cable and I've had no leccy for most of the afternoon.  Testing his stuff disconnected everything several times so surprised to see broadband stable and good speed.

Thanks a bunch, you guys rock.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So happy to hear that, and I'm glad that your speeds are holding string (Despite the power cut you had!)

Thanks for your kind words and let us know if you need any further help in the future.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
williamsben16
Dabbler

hub one is useless i used my own router bt routers are rubbish 

meacher

@bobpullenI was wondering if you could upgrade my router to v4.7.5.1.83.8.259 please? I have also been experiencing dropouts which could potentially be linked to SNR issues described in this post. I have tried going through the normal support channels and have had a couple of visits from openreach who say there is nothing wrong with the line. I saw this post and thought it would be good to get the update for the router and rule that out. Many Thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@meacher, that's been done for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Noak
Hooked

@bobpullen, Please can you deploy the updated firmware to our router too please as I believe we are experiencing the same problem. We have a decent stable line and live close to the cabinet with an excellent sync speed but getting dropouts 2-3 times a day.

I tried explaining the problem to one of the girls on your support desk but unfortunately I don't think she knew what I was talking about. Many thanks in advance.

meacher

Thanks @bobpullen for the update. It seems to have been an instant fix with no further dropouts since the update. There needs to be a bit more communication with the faults team over this update as they were just going to send out another Openreach engineer and ignore my comments to them about this fix. It might be worth trying to get the patch rolled out to all routers as there could be loads of folk out there suffering with similar dropout issues.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@meacher I've passed this feedback onto our faults guys.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Noak, that's been done for you. Your router will have rebooted to apply the update, so apologies if you were in the middle of anything.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Noak
Hooked

Many thanks @bobpullen, I can confirm the new firmware has been successfully applied to our router. I'll let you know in a couple of days if it has cured the problem but it seems solid so far.