New Hub One Router Disconnects

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New Hub One Router Disconnects

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to see the length of the time you've been having connection issues and for the lack of input from our faults team on your ticket. I've provided an update over there now.

If you drop us a reply back here once you've responded I'll be happy to take another look.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sue_h
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Thank you so much.  I've replied to the ticket on my account and have agreed to the charge for an engineer if it is my fault.  Can't see it but who knows?  Never had a problem with the Open Reach/Technicolor set up.

Provided 3 dates for engineer but as it's Bank Holiday and my family are visiting from Sheffield, will have to put up with the yo yo broadband for another week.  

Thanks again for your response.

sue_h
Grafter

Not sure what or who has done something, I certainly haven't (apart from my impatient rant) but yesterday there was only one broadband drop and today, touch wood, it only went down for a minute or so at around 2 am and reconnected itself.  I wasn't online either time so didn't notice it.  Been up ever since.  It was down 16 times on Monday and lots every day since I got the Hub One router so thanks Magic Fairy.

Fault on hold until Sunday.  Not sure who has done what but I'm a happy bunny.  

sue_h
Grafter

Fix

Things are now stable and no disconnections for 4 days.  Not sure if anything has been fixed by Open Reach or not but I'm happy for now.  This has come at the expense of speed, lost about 10 - 15 Mbps but I'm cool with that if I stay connected.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear things have been stable!

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sue_h
Grafter

To be honest I'm not sure what's happening.  I had a steady download speed of around 55 Mbps for a few days and finally no broadband disconnections.  Checked today and it is back to 69.3 Mbps download speed 18.9 upload) and it has dropped out once so far this evening.  I hope it isn't starting to disconnect several times a day again.  Will keep an eye on it.

sue_h
Grafter

Oh wow, guess I spoke too soon.  Broadband dropping out loads of times today.  I've updated my question in the member centre but I haven't had any response there.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened again. 

I can se the drops for our side as well;

I can also see that your router is in sync with our network at 37.4 Mbps which is within the 32.4 - 48 Mbps Estimated Speed Range our supplier has provided for your specific line. 

the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault. Let us know how it goes.

sue_h
Grafter

Why would the router sync at those speeds?   I was getting download speed of 69.3 Mbps yesterday.  Now it is 35.9

We had a power cut yesterday that seems to have upset things.  I have added this info in my fault report in the member centre.

Do I have a master socket?   Open Reach put one in for fibre, it has a separate socket for the phone and doesn't need filters.  Do you mean that?  The router is plugged into the bit the phone line isn't in.

I didn't have any problem ever when I had the OR/Technicolor set up and nothing has changed here apart from the new Hub One router.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sue_h,

I'm sorry to hear that your speed has dropped so significantly. Testing your line isn't picking up the cause of this but it does sound like this may be related to the power cut.

I can confirm that the socket that you have mentioned is the master socket.

Checking on the fault ticket, our faults team have advised that the best way forwards is to arrange an engineer visit. I've booked this in for you now and have sent a text and updated the ticket here with the appointment date and time slot. Our faults team will be back in touch after the appointment to check how your connection is performing.

Sorry for the length of time that this issue has been ongoing and for the inconvenience that this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sue_h
Grafter

Engineer called last Thursday and reset something on the line.  Download was around 55 Mbps when he left and broadband was stable.  By Saturday the download speed had increased to around 70 Mbps and was dropping out again.  Called CS and the fault ticket was reopened.   I tested the speed again on Saturday evening after a drop out and it was just below 30 Mbps.  Just done another speed test and it is now 28.8 Mbps.  No drop out but this is not what I'm paying for and I have had no response from CS since the engineer visit last week. 

Received notification of my payment though, guess one department is on the ball.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @sue_h,

I'm sorry to hear that you've started to have issues with the services again. I've tested your line today and discovered an external phone fault along the line and raised a response to you via the open fault ticket on the account with more information, which can be viewed here.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
sue_h
Grafter

Thank you although to be fair the issues have never really gone away.  I really believed the new Hub One router (the 2nd one PN sent) would have sorted it but unfortunately not.  Apart from the odd day or two, I have had multiple drop outs since 5th May.

I hope OR can sort it, I never had trouble with my old fibre set up.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It would be interesting to know what your downstream SNR target is when you're experiencing problems. Perhaps @Gandalf can advise? If it's sub 6db, then there may be a software update for your router that will help.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hey @bobpullen,

Looks like Downstream SNR has been between 3dB and 6dB over the past couple of weeks and the drops have been occurring when it's been lower than 6dB.

Hopefully this gives enough info to look at the software update you mentioned.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet