Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub One Router Disconnects

FIXED
sue_h
Grafter
Fixes: 3

New Hub One Router Disconnects

My new Hub One router disconnects at random times.  I never has this trouble with the old Open Reach/Technicolor set up.

It reconnects itself after a minute or so without me having to do anything.  I have not changed anything here regarding devices on the network, etc. and the speeds are okay.

Any suggestions.

71 REPLIES 71
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Hub One Router Disconnects

Hi there, 

I've just been running diagnostics and don't see any obvious causes for this.

Please try following the checks here next: https://goo.gl/tu2WWu before reporting a fault over at http://faults.plus.net

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sue_h
Grafter

Thanks Adam. The router is plugged into the master socket and the phone line seems okay.  I've got my laptop connected with an ethernet cable and getting decent speeds, download 65.7 Mbps and upload 18.7 Mbps.  Wireless 38.6 Mbps download and 18.5 Mbps on upload so the phone line doesn't seem to be the problem.  The wireless signal isn't as good as I'd have liked but I don't think there's a fault.

I just wondered why it dropped randomly and then reconnects by itself.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @sue_h

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm pleased to hear that the speeds etc are good on a wired connection. Just in terms of the drops, could you confirm whether these occur on both a wifi and the wired connection?

The wifi troubleshooting here might help if they're purely wifi related.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Dave

sue_h
Grafter

Hi,

The router drops the connection whether I'm connected by wireless or ethernet (or both).

I use my laptop wired as it's close to the Hub One router anyway but my husband is using his on wireless.  We both recently logged on and down it went again, for about a minute.  It's annoying.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sue_h,

Thanks for confirming that the drops are occurring on both wired and wireless connections.

I can see that we ordered a new hub for you to try on the 10th of May. Please can you advise whether or not you have recieved and connected this yet? If so, did the new router make any difference to your connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sue_h
Grafter

The Hub One router was sent because I signed up for a new contract.  What's all this, one to try?

I never had a problem with the Open Reach/Technicolor router set up apart from speed issues.  Speed is no longer an issue, just dropping the connection.  

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sue_h,

Thanks for confirming that the Hub One is the one that was sent as part of your new contract. I wasn't sure if you'd been sent a replacement to try yet.

As you've mentioned that you didn't have any problems with the Openreach modem/Technicolor router set up, it's possible that the Hub One router is faulty. I have sent you a replacement and it will arrive within 3-5 working days. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if the replacement router doesn't resolve the dropping connection problem.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sue_h
Grafter

Thanks Emily.  The replacement router arrived today and I was intending to set it up tomorrow but after several disconnections and re-connections this evening the light went red and the broadband symbol turned red and stayed red, it didn't re-connect at all.  

I've set up the replacement router and, touch wood, it's got the blue light and I'm back online.  I'll test it out for a couple of days to see if it stays connected.

sue_h
Grafter

Oh my, nothing has changed.  The replacement router drops the broadband too.  There is a support ticket open on my account and someone was looking into the fault but nothing so far.

The router flashes orange, then goes solid orange and then the red broadband light comes on for a minute or so before turning blue and reconnects.

sue_h
Grafter

Had no help really with my support ticket.  A lovely guy did a GEA test and everything appeared okay, he posted the result in the ticket reply.  I have no idea what it all means but there was a graph too that shows the disconnections, which I've attached

Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU08304232

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 76.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 19.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 508.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 20:30 to 21:00
Interference Location Other
Interference Observed In Days 12
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-05-08T14:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 67.1 Mbps 79.9 Mbps 73.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 18.9 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 19.8 Mbps
Up Time 372.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 896.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 5.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-05-21T12:36:25Z 2018-05-21T12:51:25Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 153 0
Errored Seconds 20 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 32 0

Can anyone here help me out please as this is driving me mad now.  I'm not technically minded, I used the auto setup stuff from Plusnet to set up the router and I never had any trouble with fibre broadband until I got the Hub One router.

sue_h
Grafter

Please, is there anyone here who can help me out.  The broadband is dropping out several times a day.  Connected with an ethenet cable so not a wireless problem.  

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Its very disappointing that a Radius Server graph has not been shown so far - this should show how often you line drops.

Do you have a fault open?

The GEA test does show a worry speed discrepancy, so surprised the staff who have responded have not looked at your line in a bit more detail.

sue_h
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.  I attached the graph thing to my post with the chart stuff a couple of posts up.  Are you able to see that?

It's got worse and nobody replied to my support ticket since the support guy said the line test was inconclusive and sent me the numbers and graph.

Is there anything I can do?  I have never had any problem with Plusnet or fibre broadband until I got this Hub One router.  

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Sorry, missed the attachment, yes it does not look good, and they should be doing something about it.

@EmilyD @RandallFlagg @adamwalker @Gandalf 

Guys, is there something that may have been missed on this one?