Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Home - Signed up for PlusNet Fibre and 3 weeks later and nothing :/

Snookieboy

New Home - Signed up for PlusNet Fibre and 3 weeks later and nothing :/

Hello All,
Long story, two parts. Sorry.
First of all, I signed up for Fibre Unlimited for my new flat over 3 weeks ago. The flat I purchased (first home, woo!!! Cheesy ) and sadly outside of a Cable area so after long searching and asking around I got advised PlusNet Fibre is most likely the best choice as they support gamers, custom routers, static IP's and 'Pro' aka paid higher priority.  So I ordered it, paid for a years line rental up front (Seriously no use for the phone... but seems no other way around it ) and the most expensive Fibre Package. All seemed good, and got a text shortly after advising an engineer visit on the 19/08/2015 (not my asked for date; but only a few dates later so it will do!). I noticed online there has been no movement on my order and no router (even though I'm going to replace it with my Apple Airport Extreme down the line, I thought I'd take the PlusNet one just for setup and get me going). So I chased...
This is where it went all down hill. I got advised my Order has 'Stalled' for no apparent reason. The guy on Web Chat said he would get someone from the orders team to get back to me. Later that date I get a message saying there is a 'pending cease' on my line that is due to be complete on the 1st of September and if I wanted it sooner I'd have to get the pending cease to be removed from the line. I guess this is where I feel PlusNet failed totally; they never bothered to tell me this and if it wasn't for me chasing them I'd have no idea what was going on. They haven't even told me if an Engineer is going to appear on the 19th; as I've booked that day off work and it be nice if they cared enough to let me know 😕
But worst than this, I purchased the flat and it legally became mine and completed on the 30th of August. At that point, the previous owner as far as I can see has no legal claim or right to the line that is in my home.
From what it sounds like (from asking them), they used EE Fibre at the property and requested it to be moved to there new property. Funny enough, that is apparently scheduled for the 1st of September to finally be installed at there new property (notice the same date this Pending Cease on MY line is due to expire). So it seems EE is blocking up my line to wait till they are ready to activate it at the sellers new home.
I get that; but what I don't get is why that's my problem and why they are 'blocking' PlusNet from taken over my line. I'm pretty sure its illegal; But I have no idea where to turn or who to discuss this with. PlusNet don't seem able to help; and EE won't talk to me as I'm not there customer. However with my limited understanding of the law; that line is mine, not theres and EE have no right to hold onto it till the 1st of September just to transition it to a different home.

If anyone has any advice on who to contact, who's responsible and if that's even allowed it would be appreciated. I'm new to this whole BT Fibre business coming from a Cabled area; and it was always a lot easier moving places with them. But I know this part properly isn't PlusNet's fault - but they haven't been very human or caring in discussing it and assisting or even letting me know?
And if anyone from PlusNet actually reads this; can they actually let me know what's going on, if the engineer visit on the 19th is cancelled so I can try to uncancel the wasted holiday from work and what the process is? I need broadband ASAP as right now I'm tethering the hell out of my mobile and I'm pretty sure Three will say something about my bandwidth usage sooner or later 😕
2 REPLIES 2
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Re: New Home - Signed up for PlusNet Fibre and 3 weeks later and nothing :/

You own the property, bt owns the line who then rent it out to a provider.

It's very fustrating being without a service. I just had it myself waiting 5 days after my activation date as there was an exception on the line, what ever that means
All I can advise is it will be worth the wait. Only one day in I am getting 10mg faster than what I was with BT.
Just hang in there.
fennie

Re: New Home - Signed up for PlusNet Fibre and 3 weeks later and nothing :/

Hi, you're not alone with your problem. I signed up for an upgrade to fiber a few weeks ago. I was told that an engineer would be round yesterday morning and nobody turned up. Phoned Plusnet to find out what was going on and the guy tells me there is a problem but that's as much as he can tell me, i'd have to talk to some other department that he puts me through to. 40 minutes later and still on hold I hung up. Called back again to the original number, same story, told to talk to the other department. Used the online chat to raise a complaint, didn't find out much more apart from they will have to start the application request again. On the verge of leaving Plusnet now. Very poor service.  Angry