Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here

Twoterriers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

New Here

Hi there,
I just moved from John Lewis Fibre over to Plusnet and in the process I've lost half my speed ! It was supplied by Plusnet too so is anyone else having this problem, please ? I don't see how it can be any different at all !!
Cheers,
Lynda~
"Children are for people who can't have dogs"
7 REPLIES 7
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: New Here

hopefully one of PN staff will see this and have a look

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Twoterriers
Grafter

Hoping so, too. Cheers.

Lynda~

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

just a thought - were you on fibre extra with John Lewis and now on Unlimited Fibre with Plusnet - your router reported speeds would confirm

Twoterriers
Grafter

No, Jim. I don't live in an area where I can get the super-dooper speeds so it has always been the basic fibre up to 32mb I think it's always advertised as.

Cheers,

Lynda~

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @Twoterriers I'm sorry to hear your speed has decreased since joining Plusnet.

I'm testing your line and I'm seeing your router in sync at 13.5 Mbps which unfortunately is just within your estimated speed range of between 13.5 Mbps and 19.6 Mbps.

I'm not identifying any faults so we'd be hard pressed to get a fault raised to our suppliers as the line is performing within expectations. Honestly, no changes would have been made in the transfer from your previous provider.

My best suggestion would probably be to try internal checks by plugging your router into the test socket, explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If this doesn't help and if the speed drops down further then it'd be outside of the estimate and you'd be able to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net . I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Twoterriers
Grafter

What hasn't been explained, Anoush, is that you guys provide John Lewis who provided me on the same line regularly at 19+ which I can prove as I have an app with records.

So I'm not understanding how I lose almost 50% of my speed by moving to you direct. I don't have a master socket as pictured. The one I have is a new one the John Lewis engineer installed with a double frontage and it's called a Master Socket 5C and it doesn't have screws I can undo.

You sent an email over to me yesterday to advise my speeds were averaging 11.1 against what it should be but offered no more assistance, so pretty much just advising it is slow !!! I knew that !!

Not sure what else I can do now. Nothing has changed from using John Lewis aside from the router and you taking over the line direct !

Lynda~

Twoterriers
Grafter

I just ran 2 X BTWholesale speedtests-results as follows:

21/3 Ethernet
Download 12.86
Upload 0.89
Ping 25.25

21/3 Wifi
Download 12..86
Upload 1.03
Ping 0.00

I'll start doing these every day and monitoring it..

Lynda~