cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre issues

Nothappy1

New Fibre issues

Today is the first day of switching to Fibre in our new home. Throughout the day long we have intermittently lost wifi connection, logged in and working for 15mins then no wifi for 10 mins etc etc all day long. I have called and spoke to plusnet which resolved the issue for about 30 mins and then started playing up again. Just read a post saying:

“You should only really notice anything’s happening when you’re checking your line speeds or router sync speeds. It will rarely impact the performance of your connection”

This is absolutely not the case for us and wfh for myself and husband has been near impossible today.

Is this standard? My parents didn’t have the same issues when transferring to fibre with talk talk.
3 REPLIES 3
Michellea

Re: New Fibre issues

We are in exactly the same position. Husband and I both working for home and for 3 days haven't been able to work after 4pm, its usually OK til then, but I need to work evenings so this is not good enough. They tried to do something today and since then the Internet has been unusable for the last 4 hours we have lost connection more than we have it and haven't been connected for more than 20 minutes at a time, by the time I've logged back through my work security its off again. Its diabolic never had an issue with any previous provider and will be terminating our contract as this is unacceptable.
Nothappy1

It’s just not good enough! We can’t even come out of the contract as we’ve only just signed up to it sadly.
We’re exactly the same, get through work security and then it’s back offline again - so frustrating!
Michellea

I told them today we would be cancelling and they seemed to think this was an option but it would take 2 weeks for someone else to set up. So we agreed to give them til tomorrow to see if what they've done helps but it is much worse tonight. For the last hour I haven't been able to connect at all. The sercive is not fit for purpose therefore under consumer protection law we will be able to terminate. They can see how many times the connection drops and have said its not acceptable. I've no idea how they have any customers!