Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre installation

StephenM
Grafter

Re: New Fibre installation

Thanks
Unfortunately it's not looking good....

Latency and packet loss are starting to creep up as usual.
I'll run a speed test later when I'm home.
StephenM
Grafter

Well its nearly ten o clock and my internet is barely usable again.
Today's efforts by BT have made no impact on my peak time throughput....

My BQM graph shows the same peak time congestion issues....

I'm very unhappy and will refrain from typing anything else just now.
StephenM
Grafter

Good morning,
Please can somebody prod the faults team for ticket 95882153 to keep the pressure on BT to fix this.
It is becoming extremely frustrating.
StephenM
Grafter

Bump (again)!
I would really appreciate getting some feedback on what is happening with this today.
I face another weekend of not being able to use my broadband at peak times.
I foolishly subscribed to Netflix and NowTV based on the estimates I was getting.
I have since had to cancel both of these services.
I would like some reassurance that, given the length of time this fault has been open, it is being given your top priority.
StephenM
Grafter

Still no contact from Plusnet today Angry
Problems do not go away if you ignore them!!
AndyH
Grafter

It's probably just because Plusnet are awaiting a response from BT Wholesale, which can take some time for things like this unfortunately.
StephenM
Grafter

I hope that is the case but surely an update to that effect would be the courteous thing to do if so.
They are simply ignoring everything I post both on my 2 month old ticket and on here.

AndyH
Grafter

I think if you were being updated daily that there's no new information, it would annoy you even more.
Plusnet's own monitoring will show the issue has not been resolved and I hope they've fed this back to BTW.
StephenM
Grafter

It's not unreasonable to expect a response when I provide them with information they have requested which confirms a fault still exists.
I don't think your second statement is true - If their internal monitoring is as effective as you say then why are they asking me to provide them with broadband quality monitor graphs?
AndyH
Grafter

When did they ask for your monitoring?
It's counter productive when you add to a ticket unfortunately. Each time you add something, it goes to the back of the queue!
StephenM
Grafter

They asked me for them after I supplied them with the results of cron job I was running to test the variances in my throughout over a 24 hour period.
I provided them and asked them to inform me when they no longer needed them.
They haven't informed me they no longer need them so I supplied them again today as the showed the fault still exists.
Why is this relevant?Huh
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: StephenM
Why is this relevant?Huh

Because of the way the tickets are handled in the PN system.
It is an "unfortunate" problem with the PN ticket system that tickets are queued and handled strictly in date order. But the date used is when a comment was last added.
So, if you keep adding more information to the ticket before it reaches the head of the queue and gets looked at, it will be sent to the back of the queue. The staff running the fault workflow just don't see your ticket.
That doesn't explain a lack of input here though. Your case merits some attention.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
StephenM
Grafter

Thanks for that information.
Yes that is a rather 'unfortunate' way for a ticketing system to run.
Given that these systems are usually configurable I wonder why they made that choice......
I guess they might consider me a bit pushy but given the length of time I've spent with a service which is next to useless just when I want to use it perhaps my sense of urgency is justified.
I finally got a response on Friday to inform me that the matter is on hold until Monday and I may be getting an Openreach engineer out at a peak time.
More fun and games next week I expect but then again perhaps next week will be the week when they finally fix it.
Then again if I was at the races and I saw a horse whose track record was fell, pulled up, fell again I'd be stupid to put my money on it wouldn't I?
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: StephenM
Given that these systems are usually configurable I wonder why they made that choice......

Very historical, and the subject of a lot of comment on here. You'd think it would be simple to change, but it isn't - which suggests there's a lot of hidden stuff hanging on that mechanism. I've given up wondering if it will change.
It is a bit like the date you get charged each month - that also seems to be impossible to change, because there's a lot of other parts of the system hanging off it.
Then again if I was at the races and I saw a horse whose track record was fell, pulled up, fell again I'd be stupid to put my money on it wouldn't I?

Unless, of course, it was the only horse in the race Wink
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
StephenM
Grafter

Good morning.
Could someone from the Plusnet team have a look at ticket 95882153 which has been open for 2 months please.
If pressure needs to be applied to your supplier please do so.
Perhaps  this week will actually be the week that this fault is resolved?