cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre installation

StephenM
Grafter

Re: New Fibre installation

No contact from Plusnet faults team today despite being told there should be an update today.
If you update the ticket they don't contact you because you go to the back of the queue.
If you don't update the ticket the don't contact you because they can't be bothered.
Meanwhile this is the quality of the service I have tonight  Angry
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've taken a look at the ticket for you, and apologies that you weren't updated yesterday. It does seem that your update is imminent though. We are putting pressure on our supplier to get this sorted out for you, and I hope we bring you good news in the next update.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenM
Grafter

Imminent sounds good.
No contact from the faults team yet.....
StephenM
Grafter

This is getting worse....

Packet loss is up at 10%.
Downstream throughput was 0.5Mbps when I tested last night.
I still haven't received my update from the faults team despite one being promised on Monday and then it being imminent yesterday afternoon.
This has been going on for far too long now, with the same things being repeated each week without any sign of a resolution.
Surely Plusnet and BT must know where the fault lies by now so please share this information and give me an indication of how long it will take to fix.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Someone from the faults team is looking at your ticket as I type this, so you'll have an update very shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
StephenM
Grafter

Still no update  Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Really sorry about that. I can see a number of internal comments they've added to the ticket but they really should have addressed one to you.
I'll summarise here:
The escalations team your fault is with have come back to us and said that it's not a 'hot' VP issue, so they can't see any congestion on your VP.  Unfortunately they haven't been able to confirm which VP you're connected to at the moment as the system they use for this is having issues. They're going to get back to us on that.
They've requested another engineer visit, but our faults team have pushed back on that as the issue doesn't seem to be one that could be fixed by an engineer.
That's where we're at right now.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

There looks to be some maintenance re-routing traffic from a large number of areas (including the OPs - Ref PW248968) on 10 Feb. It's not clear if it's to alleviate congestion, but it might be related. Chris might be able to see if he can see anything further his end Smiley
StephenM
Grafter

Thanks to everyone that has tried to help with this problem.
Unfortunately I have been spending far to much of my own time trying to diagnose the problem myself so I decided to cancel.
The problem is clearly congestion related - anyone with a little bit of network knowledge can see that. I have a bit more than a little Wink
For what it's worth I do believe that problem lies with BT Wholesale.
My main criticism of Plusnet is that  have not been able to work with BT Wholesale to resolve the fault and each time the fault was picked up by a new member of the faults team they often repeated the same things that previous person had done expecting different results.
I have also witnessed weeks upon weeks of ping pong between the Plusnet and  BT Wholesale and there did not seem to be anyone who had the authority just call them up and tell them to ******** sort it.
I was unwilling to go through the whole process again next week.
Plusnet have closed the fault as a result of my cancellation so tough luck to those in the Lanark area who are experiencing similar problems!
Once again, thanks to those who tried to help and apologies for my grumpiness at times despite it often being justified!
thesawdust
Grafter

Let's hope the new provider don't use BT Wholesale, or it will return .
Good luck on the future  Cheesy
StephenM
Grafter

Well I really had hoped I wouldn't be posting on here again but.........
I have just been called by an Openreach Engineer who said he had been booked by my ISP to look at a fault on my line.
This is the first I have heard about it and I am at work so unable to attend.
The faults team added a comment to my ticket on Wednesday saying that since I had cancelled they would not look into the fault any further. One of the last (internal) comments on the ticket was that Plusnet had told Openreach that this is a congestion issue so further engineer visits were pointless.
I hope nobody will try to charge me for this!
catelliott
Grafter

Hi,
I've taken a look at this for you, sorry for any confusion. Don't worry, you won't be charged for the visit.