Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre install.. upload twice as fast as download

romanovski
Dabbler

New Fibre install.. upload twice as fast as download

hello,
i have just had my new fibre unlimited extra installed and was testing it out last night.
My router TP-LInk VR200 shows synch at 80/20 :
Upstream Downstream
Current Rate(kbps) 19999 79995
But looking at my plusnet data transfer speed page, it says current line speed only 11.4 :

Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
    BENTON
Estimated line speed:
    80Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2016-03-11 14:26:19
Current line speed:
    11.4 Mb

A quick check on http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ shows my upload is twice as fast as my download
Ping Download Upload
46 ms 11.18 Mb/s 20.10 Mb/s
Plusnet plc.
Plusnet plc.
Any ideas as to what could cause this?  My understanding was that for VDSL there is no training period, so waiting a few days probably won't fix this.
I have tried resetting my router this morning, no change.
Checked my BT BRAS via mouselike, and that also showed an 80/20 IP Profile.
Could someone from Plusnet possibly have a look for me please, it's almost as though there is some profile stuck on my old ADSL rate
Many Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New Fibre install.. upload twice as fast as download

@romanovski
You may want to edit your post as it shows your full phone number and these forums are public.
Phone or chat with Plusnet to get them to reset your line speed would be quicker than waiting to see if this post is picked up.
Once the speed has been changed, then log on to the router, click "disconnect", wait a minute and then press "connect" to get the new speed profile.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
romanovski
Dabbler

That phone number seems to be just a default template they use when the landline number is unknown/pending... i'm not connected to the Benton Exchange ... i'm near Reading.
I'm at work today, so i can't sit on the phone with Plusnet, and i've always had good support using their forums in the past.
Of course, if this is not fixed soon, then i'll go through more formal channels... the forum moderators seem pretty efficient at sorting out misconfigured profiles, which is what this looks like to me.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you PM me the account username? The one associated with your forum account is an ADSL service with no recent orders or changes 😕
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
romanovski
Dabbler

Hi Chris
i've PMd you my username
The account associated with my forum handle might be my parents account, from when i used to live with them.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks, I've sorted that out. Basically the details on your account haven't yet updated following the house move, but your speeds should now be fine.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.