cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre install Opeanreach order stalled

pete72

New Fibre install Opeanreach order stalled

Hi
Please can someone have a look at Question #96269551 as I have been waiting over a month for my fibre order to complete due to a delay with the installation by Openreach including two "no-shows" by their engineer!
I understand it is a busy time of year with Christmas and the New Year but I've not heard anything since the 15th of December when my Question #96269551 was put on hold.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Pete
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: New Fibre install Opeanreach order stalled

Hi and welcome to the forums,
I'm sorry to see that you've had a few problems. I can see there were a few issues with the routing and cab. I will get someone more experienced in provisioning than me to take a look into this for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
pete72

Hi Tony,
Thanks for looking into this for me. Hopefully they can sort out the routing issue as I'm connected to a very small exchange with only 585 residential lines according to SamKnows!
Pete
pete72

Good Morning All,
I've now had my appointment through for my fibre install next week on Tuesday 13th AM.
Just one question; Is there any way to defiantly confirm that this will go ahead and there are no other issues before I book more time off work? As I've already taken two days off for the previous engineer "no shows" and I'm running out of holidays rapidly!
Thanks
Pete
Joshc
Grafter

Good morning,
I am sorry to hear about the delays your having it must be frustrating!
As the cabinet work has been finished I cant see a reason for the engineer to not turn up.
BT Openreach should give you a call to confirm the engineer appointment.
Smiley
pete72

Thanks for the quick reply Joshua!
So, am I correct in thinking that BT Openreach will phone early on the Morning of the install to confirm it's going ahead?
Getting excited already!!  Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

I've had a few no-shows, as well as a couple of attendances (and still don't have fibre).
However, for the best two engineer appointments, both had an automated call from Openreach a couple of days before the actual appointment.
My next appointment is also the 13th, and I haven't (yet) had this call, hopefully tomorrow...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I hve never had a call from any BTO enginner to say they are coming they either turn up or they don't. 
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I had a call but think it was because the engineer couldn't find us  Cheesy
I've always loved our inaccessibility good for avoiding Jahovas Witnesses etc.  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra