Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre extra

zabiel
Dabbler

New Fibre extra

Hello
I am new user fibre extra broadband. BT engineer connected all fibre, and my broadband speed is about 30 mb, when I ordered the estimated speed was 63 mb. This will be change soon ?
21 REPLIES 21
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Fibre extra

Not necessarily
What does this say for current line speed https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and is the speed measured by wire or wireless
If possible can you also run the BT speedtest - Further diagnostics http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
dfunked
Grafter

Also make sure that you're using a wired connection when doing any speed tests
zabiel
Dabbler

Is wired.

Postcode:
Phone exchange:
   SIMONSWOOD
Estimated line speed:
   63Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-10-15 18:45:20
Current line speed:
   78 Mb

[http://i57.tinypic.com/2wd4l7c.jpg
If i use futher diagnostic, I got info
No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test.
Click here to try again.

I dont remember my phone number, I phone still doesnt work.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you don't remember the phone number then the second part won't work
The fact that the phone doesn't work may be part of the problem
Have you reported that
Also was that test wired or wireless
zabiel
Dabbler

Im not reported yet, is wired connection
Oldjim
Resting Legend

when you say the phone doesn't work
what are the symptoms - for example is there a dial tone and have you tried it from the socket in the fibre faceplate
zabiel
Dabbler

Is like hollow tone. Nothing. Is connected to the same socket when is broadband as well.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I am sorry but I don't understand
When you plug the phone into the same faceplate as the broadband do you get a hollow sound but no dial tone. If so could you try to explain more what you mean by a hollow sound
zabiel
Dabbler

No sounds no dial tone. Like empty sound, deaf sound
Oldjim
Resting Legend

in which case you need to raise a phone fault here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22965&wizard_id=38
zabiel
Dabbler

I tried now futher diagnostic....
Still not 63 Mb Sad
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi zabiel,
We need to forget your broadband for the moment. You've got a bigger problem which is your (lack of) telephone. Once we've got that sorted, your broadband should get better automatically. Even if it doesn't though, we can take a look at that once the phone is sorted.
Based on your answers to oldjim in this forum, I've run a line test on your phone and we've found a potential fault which our suppliers hope to have fixed on Friday.
Just a point for future reference though, you didn't mention the telephone problem in your ticket and so our faults team weren't investigating it. We need as much information as you have to be able to get things fixed quickly for you.
Thanks.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
zabiel
Dabbler

When I pick up the phone there is no sound at all. If I ring my home phone I can hear the ringing sound on mobile speaker but home phone stay silent.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
The estimated fix time on your telephone fault is tomorrow evening. If you could please post here once it's working, and we'll chase the broadband connection for you if you are still having problems.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team