cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre customer & concerned with performance

westyb

New Fibre customer & concerned with performance

Hi all  - i have been a Plusnet broadband customer for a while and have just upgraded to fibre - the engineer visited yesterday and everything was easy to set yesterday as per the instructions. So after a few speed tests last night and this morning using my wired PC i am getting 3.8mbps download speed and 2mbps upload (using ookla speedtest) my estimated line speed was 40mbps.
This is no different to the broadband speed i was getting pre-fibre and obviously not what i was expecting with fibre!
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ben
3 REPLIES 3
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: New Fibre customer & concerned with performance

Hi welcome to the forums, it looks very much like you haven't been switched over to fibre on plusnets end it should happen once openreach finish doing their work but doesn't always happen and such your still getting the ADSL speeds.
you can either see if one of the Customer relation team members sees this and updates it for you, or jump into live chat and a Agent there should be able to do it for you.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Once they've switched you over to fibre you may need to reboot your router.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I can see you called in just after posting, glad to see it's been resolved and hope you're enjoying your fibre.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team