Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre customer. Slow speed.

Phatjayunoi
Dabbler

New Fibre customer. Slow speed.

Hello.

I've been with Plusnet ADSL since 2003 and until the 17th May when I changed to the 80/20 Fibre Unlimited Extra package by which the switchover seems to have gone through on the date specified in the automated ticket i.e. 31st May, sometime yesterday afternoon.

Line estimates recon I should be within the 71-80Mb range since I'm not that far from the cabinet, yet my router stats indicate the area of 50,000 Downstream and 18,000 Upstream. I figured no problem since it's only just switched and it would need the 10 days or so as suggested until it stabilises and I get the correct speeds?

In the meantime, I managed to do some speed tests and it seems the download was roughly 6-7Mb (Stil stuck on my ADSL profile?) but the upload was the fibre speed (17-18Mb). I even got to play about with uploading large video files to YouTube to test it out and it showed that at least that area was working correctly.

Until eventually right at this point, things started to become really slow and tests show the speeds have reverted to old age broadband speeds of 0.8Mb download and 1Mb upload? Line speed/estimate page is showing that too so what's going on?

I even unplug the router and line for a while, yet it's stats page hasn't changed at all as indicated in the attached image. It's a TP-Link Archer V600 modem/router.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Fibre customer. Slow speed.

I'm just testing your line now

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 50.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 18.6 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

Your profile on our side is set at 50Mb/s, so if you can try a disconnect/reconnect to see how it goes. It may also be worth testing your phone line and seeing if there's any noise, if so report it to your phone provider.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Phatjayunoi
Dabbler

Just did a disconnect/reconnect and used the BT Wholesale Test and it seems to be fine currently.

Phone is also looks to be normal during the quiet test.

I thought that it was switched to you during the fibre switch?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Doesn't look like the phone transfer happened correctly, I've just replaced that order and it should take 10 working days now.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.