cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre connection - The spinning wheel of doom or unable to connect to site

dash804

New Fibre connection - The spinning wheel of doom or unable to connect to site

After recently upgrading to fibre ive been experiencing the dreaded spinning wheel of doom or receiving unable to connect message for sites I once visited previously on standard broadband without issue with PN. 

At present the PN team are looking into this, however I thought posting this issue may help someone else.

My connection is hardwired to the main connection plug and wifi connection is the same. Basically nothing has changed only an upgrade from a very reliable 582n router to the brand new hub (so I was told during upgrading) however its been out ages.

To be honest if I knew what I know now I'd have stopped with the 582n on the same package, I find no speed increase whatsoever even though the test speeds say there is.

1 REPLY 1
dash804

Re: New Fibre connection - The spinning wheel of doom or unable to connect to site

Right, having used the chat box facility twice previously and had the operator go through the usual is it your filter routine. I decided to contact PN via the phone.

Having been allowed to explain the whole story the operator asked me to turn off the router and restart it and check how my system performed. TADAH! it worked and I can now access all the sites i couldn't previously.

Why?....I was informed they changed my IP address.

All I can say is well done the telephone operative, PN now train your other staff.