cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre User - Speed

delboyaa

New Fibre User - Speed

Hi  - Just connected new fibre router yesterday and connected ok with internet.  But when I checked speed, it was 6.65mbps - on a 38mbps line.  I 'spoke' with Joan this morning on on-line chat, and she said she adjusted the speed on my profile.  I rebooted both the PC and the router (by turning it off), but no change to the line speed.

I cannot now get back onto live chat - just shuts me out after giving immediate 'sign-in' details

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New Fibre User - Speed

Your fibre order hasn't completed yet, that's the reason you're not seeing a faster speed.

It's due for the 15th as that's the earliest date an engineer was available to make the change at your local cabinet, sorry this wasn't explained on live chat.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
delboya

OK Chris -thanks.  I got an email on 30th Aug saying "your product change is now complete" - I thought that it meant that everything was complete!!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, it's not the best email and I believe it's sent out on the date we request the order to complete. We've flagged up that it's confusing several times, sorry about that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.