cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Upgrade Bare Minimum speed

picto

New Fibre Upgrade Bare Minimum speed

Hi,

My unlimited fibre upgrade (from unlimited broadband) was activated today - 7 days later than I was told it would be though!

I could be wrong but from what I have read I should be on an open range for the first 48 hours while the stability of my line is checked out for possible DLM intervention. Instead I seem to have been capped at the bare minimum. Is this normal?

BT wholesale check shows my line should be good for 22-31 down / 2.6 - 4.3 up, and I always got maximum available figures with ADSL so I'm assuming there are no issues with the wiring to/in the house.

The router is showing max 2537 / 27348, and a data rate of 2537 / 23779. My guaranteed minimum download has been given as 19.9 so I'm just within this and don't want to be fobbed off with that disclaimer as it seems pretty obvious that my line should be able to handle more than the absolute minimum shown on the BT wholesale check, and an increase from a constant download rate of 15MB on ADSL to 20MB (via ethernet) is barely an increase.

It may be the case that this is normal practice for a new fttc connection but I just don't want to waste a couple of days before reporting if it can be sorted now..

Many thanks Smiley

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Fibre Upgrade Bare Minimum speed

Hi there, 

I've just had a look at this and it looks like I just needed to update the speed profile on your account so you should see some improvement straight away. 

Give me a shout if not by all means!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
picto

Thanks Adam, download speed has now increased slightly, but upload definitely still appears to be artificially capped, which is quite important to me as I'm a web developer and need to upload files to servers on a regular basis.

Router now showing;

Data rate: 2445 / 28033
7. Maximum data rate: 2445 / 29517
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear the download has increased.

There isn't any cap on your upload speeds as your current profile is "0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off".

Unfortunately your current upload speeds are within the estimates for your line and as such we'd struggle to get our suppliers to accept this as a fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team