cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Max Keeps Dropping

geedlebug123
Grafter

New Fibre Max Keeps Dropping

Hi I have currently upgraded to fibre max but my connection keeps dropping causing me to reboot my router.

I connect using a Netgear DM200 connected to a Netgear R7800. Never had an issue on regular Fibre?

Snip of connection statistics attached

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Fibre Max Keeps Dropping

Hi there and sorry to see that there's an issue. 

Line tests haven't identified an obvious cause for the issue so we'd need to arrange an engineer visit with you to look into it further. I've just responded to the fault on your account regarding that, here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=196524135 - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
geedlebug123
Grafter

Hi, I have reconnected my plusnet hub one router, as opposed to the Netgear DM200, changed my filter, cable from the filter to the router, but I am still having random disconnections? It's really strange as this never happened until I upgraded my connection? I am also connecting through the master socket, my phone line is clear also? Is this something to do with my fibre extra settings somewhere?

geedlebug123
Grafter

Just a thought but you don't think keeping my DM200 connected when the line was balancing would have caused this do you?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @geedlebug123,

Have you tried taking the faceplate off of the master socket to connect to the test socket? If not, I would strongly recommend doing so and we have a guide on how to do this here. In regards to the DM200 affecting your connection, it's hard to say unless it's removed from the equation - could you please also try unplugging it to see if the connection stabilizes?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
geedlebug123
Grafter

Hi @TheMightyAJ ,

I have been connected via the master socket for some time now, with the faceplate removed. I'll unplug and let you know. All of these problems started when I upgraded to fibre plus?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @geedlebug123,

Do give us a nudge once you've gone ahead with getting the faceplate removed & we can go from there.

It's not likely to be the upgrade, but this something we can check out once the those steps Alex mentioned have been followed.

Thanks.

geedlebug123
Grafter

Hi @Mads ,

I have managed to find the issue. I use the Hub one as my modem and connect this to a Netgear R7800 for better WiFi and QOS functionality. However I have been connecting my Hive hub, via Ethernet, through the 7800 and this has been causing the disconnections. I re-connected the hub direct to the Hub one Ethernet port and I have had a stable connection for the longest time since upgrading!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Glad to hear this, @geedlebug123

Please let us know if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave