Did you mean: 

New Fibre Issues

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New Fibre Issues

Not looking much better I'm afraid.

However the connection speeds are much higher.
Which router are you using at the moment?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Brandscill
Grafter

That graph doesn't seem to add up. I was using the connection all evening past 11PM and didn't notice any drops, and was using it this morning. Does the graph suggest I didn't have a connection from 19:30 last night?
I am using the Airport Extreme again at the moment.
Thanks
Brandscill
Grafter

Okay, I've now witnessed a drop myself this morning.
What do we want to do now then? Can you send out a router to try, or do I need another engineer? Could there be yet another fault?
Thanks
Brandscill
Grafter

Hi
I also got an email this morning saying you not estimate my line to only be capable of 17mb. I don't think this is fair given all the issues I've had since the install. This now means should my speeds not be up to scratch you'll argue my line is only capable of 17mb which we know not to be true. Can this please be resolved?
godsell4
Rising Star

@Brandscill
Put your phone number into this link and tell us was it says for the FTTC Range A and FTTC Range B lines in the table.
Is your speed now lower than the lowest value in the FTTC Range B line?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Brandscill
Grafter

Hi
It's not at present no. I'm just concerned that now plus net have estimated my new line speed during a time where there is fault on the line it means that once this fault is resolved if anything goes wrong with speed in the future they'll argue they only estimated 17mb where the mine is capable of 68-80 (original estimate) and I've had the full 40 (capped by plusnet profile). This is sort of a side issue I don't want to be effected by in the future, at the moment I just want the constant disconnections fixed.
Thanks for your help 
godsell4
Rising Star

Sorry, looks like I did not include the link in my previous post.
It is always good to keep copies of what this page says for your line, it is BT who at free will change what this page says just to match whatever your line happens to be doing, faults and all.
So keep old copies of this page just in case you need to show evidence of how your line has performed in the past.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Brandscill
Grafter

Matt/Tony
Do you have any news for what's going on?
Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm just looking now.
With regards to the e-mail it incorrectly gives you the estimate for ADSL rather then Fibre so you don't have to worry about that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Brandscill
Grafter

Okay thanks Matt  Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The graph not looking right is a bug on our end that's being looked into.
One of our Faults agents should be in touch soon.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Brandscill
Grafter

Okay thanks Matt.
I've seen two drops myself, do you have an accurate way to see how many drops there are ?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We can go by the graph it just won't show a continuous connection for some connections.

The modems sync is still perfect so if the drops continue I'd like to see how it performs over a direct connection again.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Brandscill
Grafter

It dropped this morning.
They're certainly much less frequent, maybe 2-3 times a day it seems.
Brandscill
Grafter

Dropping all over the place again tonight, DSL light flashing each time.
Called up and need yet another engineer visit, seriously not impressed. £60 for a line install, what did that pay for? Clearly nobody checked the line was in working order when it was activated, and clearly the engineer that came out on Wednesday didn't resolve all the faults.
I feel like I'm entitled to some compensation at this point, not just for the service I haven't been able to use it properly, but also the the install costs and time that I've had to take off work. Surely part of the install should be checking the line works!?